Hello How's it ?

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by olpanel, Apr 19, 2015.

1. olpanel

olpanel Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey everybody ! Jim here and I am one of the anxious owners in waiting. This forum seems great ! I am being told every excuse in the book. Ordered and paid for 1-10-15. I have had my status changed at least 4 times. I knew better though I've done this before. They gave me a vin just this week and an estimated start date of 5-2-2015, but then went soft right away. I love it ! I suppose I will get it by the end of May, maybe. I did a massive search of 7 states with multiple city's each, trying to find MSRP price. I found ridiculous variances in " Buyers Premium " and basically gave up. Called Dodge and gave them an ear full about price gouging and how the taxpayers bailed them out and this is how we are treated. Well about 3 weeks later I got a call from a dealer on the east coast, I'm in California, they asked if I was still interested in a Hellcat. I said yes but not at $20000 over sticker. They said Dodge asked them to give me a call, well they ended up at sticker if I paid in full up front... A no brainer for me. Now it's just a matter of time. I'm just simply excited !!! But be careful of what you hear. A lot of yarn being spun out there. We are nearing the end of the run for this year. I've ordered a lot of cars over the years and let me just say we are nearing the end of the run for the year, don't kid yourself. They can only keep a line open for so long due to a lot of mitigating circumstances, supply, modifications, design, other models, priority, cost, prepping for the next series. It takes considerable time to prep a line with new features. Ie: set up. We are already into the third quarter of production. Napa leather seats and Brass Monkey rims were only available in the final quarter ( the last run ) that's what has delayed mine as I ordered both. And that was on their website from the get go guys. So I think there are going to be some disappointed people that haven't put in an order by now. They are very behind for a lot of people already. Plus they can't flood the market, then the price will go down. And we all know that they don't care about the little guy. This whole Hellcat thing is a major bonus to the best dealers. Only high volume dealers get Hellcats, and the gouging goes like this. Only "High Volume" dealers are allowed 3 Hellcats, if they are moved within 3 weeks then they are allowed 3 more. If they don't move fast, at the ridiculous Buyers Premium then that's it they don't get anymore. This my friends is directly from Dodge and the dealer that gave me MSRP. This is the highest volume dealer in the state. But I hope they work a lot of overtime before the cut off date. They did add a shift for the Hellcat line, but that's all they can do the actual cut off date can't be changed.
    Best of luck to you all and I hope that we all enjoy our Hellcats.
    Just another note. They stopped production in January due to all Hellcats being recalled built up to that point. That's right there has been a safety recall for all Hellcats. If things like that keep happening there are going to be some real mad people who are going to miss out. I have been warned about the possibility that the cut off may even include people like me that have already paid in full. My contract had in bold print about being non refundable... Imagine that... Having to wait a year after paying in full. I'm still thinking positive. The Hellcat was always intended to be a limited edition car. That's how they sell even more the following year at an even higher price after testing the market with the " Limited Edition " with a hefty buyers premium. I'm just saying...

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My eye is cramping from that novel:D and I read the line about non refundable three times. You're saying you gave the dealer the full MSRP and it's non refundable?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I really hope that don't flood the market with these things,,I don't want to see one at every corner I stop at...the camaro is already like that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First of all Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here and thanks for sharing your insight. There have been lots of discussions RE: recalls/TSB's and things that have malfunctioned. What specific recalls are in play? Didn't know about HC production being stopped in Jan. How long was it stopped for? I am sure others will chime in with their thoughts. Hope you get your HC soon.

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! Hang around here and we will help keep you entertained. You will have a lot of company, also, as there are lots of poor souls here that are still waiting. All I can say is hang in there ... the HellCat is fantastic. I hope that the waiting is fulfilled for all of you soon!

April

6. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To the OP, You have some misinformation in your lengthy ramble. And as for full payment up front, not sure why a reputable Dealer would require such. I know of no one else here who were asked to do that. Good luck to you.

7. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome aboard olpanel. I hope you get your cat but paying all up front is unheard of until now. They are not a limited production run. They are limited by their overall production capacity which is a different thing.

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and something doesn't sound right in one or two of your statements hmmmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK...here it is HCDC my 1,000th post and it is coming to you......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL!!! Now for the 2,000th post LOL

• Funny Funny x 1