Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by elarson5757, Dec 29, 2015.

1. elarson5757

elarson5757 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello from Mid-Michigan! Picking up my Pitch Black ChallengerHellcat A8 the first week of January at MSRP. Standard wheels, Sepia interior and sunroof.

I've been a sports car guy for many years and have assembled a number of show cars including a 392 Challenger, a Jeep, and most recently a highly custom 2013 Camaro SS-1LE. The recent sale of the Camaro to it's new owner in Minnesota is funding the Chally purchase. I've owned most of the brands and models of modern sports cars the last 10 years, keeping most only a year or two.

I'll miss the Camaro but it was in the end more of a show car than a driver. The heart of the beat was a built 427 ci in race motor with a 2.9L Whipple supercharger, alcohol injection, and a 150 hp shot of NOS. On the goofy gas it put down 1001rwhp and 1056rwtq thru a level 7 RPM manual transmission, a triple disc billet and carbon clutch, thru a carbon fiber drive shaft, and a complete 9.9 inch ZL1 rear end conversion....a beast but it proved to not be easily drive-able regularly and I was so paranoid about anything happening to it, it wasn't fun any more. Also with a heavily modified car comes reliability issues and a big dependency on the shop that helped mechanically build the car which I became very, very disappointed in.

Long story short, there is finally a factory car that I fell in love with and other than cosmetic stuff I intend to leave stock mechanically.

Looking forward to spring as the car will come home only to go to sleep for the winter here in Michigan.

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  2. elarson5757

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg A couple shots of the Camaro I thought someone may want to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. elarson5757

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A couple shots of an '09 R/T a I had as well as the 2012 Jeep I customized.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice collection. I am sure you are going to be thrilled with the performance of the new Hellcat. I might be going out on the ledge by saying this, but with the A8 in the Challenger i think that it will perform about as well as your 1,000HP camaro, I am talking with the Butt Dyno just to clarify. I have found cars like your Camaro that has to be tuned and tinkered with all of the time rarely puts out the numbers it was designed to do consistently. With the hellcat, it is consistency putting out more power than advertised.

When you do get it, please right a review and compare the two cars. Drivability, power and the whole ball of wax. I would love to hear how the Hellcat compares to a 1,000HP car built from aftermarket parts.

5. garybrockman

garybrockman Rookie Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and nice rides! Congrats on the Cat

6. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome elarson5757 :cool:

7. elarson5757

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I will absolutely do that. The Camaro motor and drive-train was actually built very, very well and after 10+ dyno's over 6 months both during the build and at events it was always within +/- 35 rwhp. I am expecting the Hellcat to not feel nearly as powerful to be frank. the reality is that even when not on the NOS the Camaro put down 815 at the wheels for hp and 820 at the wheels for torque. That's a substantial difference to the Hellcat...

All of that said the car had WAY to much power to be nicely drive-able so the Hellcat will take that category easily. The interior of the Camaro SUCKED and again the Hellcat is so much better from what I have seen in fit and finish, technology, etc. Reliability well that speaks for itself. When you heavily modify a car the way the Camaro was the reliability suffers. There becomes something that always needs to be tweaked, re-fit, moves, etc.

btw...to be clear I've built up these cars and sold them each time. My collection at this point consists of the Hellcat (soon) and photos, videos, and memories of my past builds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congratulations on your Cat. Post some pictures as soon as you get it.

9. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have lots and lots of FUN!!!

10. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow love the Camaro. Hope your Hellcat gets in soon. Congrats on getting one.

11. Mike Lannom

Mike Lannom Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice collection!

12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! Grtz on the incoming Hellcat, you do not have too much longer to wait! :)

April

13. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on your upcoming Hellcat in January. Beautiful assortment of "toys"...count me as officially jealous! Welcome aboard from Northwest FLA!

14. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your Hellcat. You want be disappointed . I loved your collection very nice I'm sure you will be able to enjoy the Hellcat and have the fun you looking for.

Chuck

15. elarson5757

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well I got surprised since I wrote this introductory post! I was supposed to pick up a Pitch Black A8 next week. Out of the blue I came across a white M6 with the brass monkey wheels and sepia interior and fell in love. Didn't really want another manual car but man I love the white with brass monkey and this interior. Looks very unique and my Bride loves it to. As a result I take care of the papers next week and the dealer will hold it roped off in the showroom until the weather allows me to sneak it home. I was happy before and now I'm really even more excited.