Help! I need answers!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Recopadof15, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Whats up fam! I have a couple of questions. I just hit my 300 miles mark. And for a happy 300 mile celebration a did a small pass. So i put it on padle shift by the paddles not with the shifter. So i gave gas and shifted alone.
    First questio. For the car to hold the gear you have to put in on manual on the shifter?
    Now the second question and the most important one. It was a WOT pass. And i had the srt page on engine. I had my girl recording and it only hit 681 hp on the engine screen, with 11 psi of boost.
    Is it normal for the car to show less than 707hp on that screen??
    It doesnt allowe me to post the vid
    Thnx!

Attached Files:

2. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    By the way i live in miami so its at sea level at about 75 degrees

3. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not understanding about the paddles. You say you did paddle shifting and it didn't hold gears? No the shifter does not have to be in manual mode to use the paddles. Make sure your paddles are set to on in your default settings.

Don't worry about the horsepower numbers. Those things are all over the map depending on conditions. That engine was run on a 42 minute dyno and is SAE certified. What did you run the RPM up to? 707 is @ 6000 RPM.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanx for your fast response bro! About the paddle shifting, they are on, and they actually shift, but when they get to red line it shifts alone. I was saying this because I started the pass in 2nd gear, I shifter 3rd sooner to not be so aggressive on the engine but i wanted full 3rd gear. When it hit red line it shifted alone to 4th.

Now going back to my main concern, so those numbers on the srt page are not accurate? I wanted to see the 707 number for the pic LMAO

5. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    By the way your cat looks amazing with the brass monkeys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Booky

Booky Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am guessing that you were using the paddle shifters, but the shift lever was Not in manual.
    Per the owners manuel:

In temporary AutoStick mode (shift lever in DRIVE), the transmission will automatically shift up when maximum engine speed is reached. Lack of accelerator pedal activity will cause the transmission to revert to automatic operation.

If normal AutoStick mode is engaged (shift lever in MANUAL position), manual gear selection will be maintained until the shift lever is returned to DRIVE, or as described below. The transmission will not upshift automatically at redline in this mode, nor will downshifts be obtained if the accelerator pedal is pressed to the floor.

Other important notes:
    • If a requested downshift would cause the engine to over-speed, that shift will not occur.
    • The system will ignore attempts to upshift at too low of a vehicle speed.
    • Holding the (-) paddle depressed, or holding the shift lever in the (-) position, will downshift the transmission to the lowest gear possible at the current speed.
    • Transmission shifting will be more noticeable when AutoStick is engaged.
    • The system may revert to automatic shift mode if a fault or overheat condition is detected.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanx bro this was really helpful! So like i was thinking if i leave it on autostick will shift automatically but if i place it in M as manual will not shift at all!
    What about the horses? Any input?

8. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You a very brave man my friend...lol. Indulging in WOT passes at the 300 mile mark. :D

It took me over 500 miles (probably 1k miles) to go flat out WoT. Like others have mentioned several variables involved. To be honest I don't think I have ever registered 681 hp on the engine screen. And if you ask folks out here, I bet few would admit having done what you achieved or surpassed that number.

You have done quite well in my honest estimation, and that too within 300 miles. I shudder to think what you would accomplish after putting in another 500+ miles. Cheers and drive safe...!!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The numbers you see are an estimate. I've never seen 707 but other members have seen that and more. It doesn't mean something's wrong with your ride. I'm at 2200 ft elevation so I only see 10psi max. At sea level you should get the full Monty but like I said, don't get caught up in the numbers.

Thanks on the wheels. I originally didn't want brass monkeys but I bought the car off the floor and now I'm glad I have them. I just wish Dodge made touch up for the inevitable chips that will occur

• Like Like x 1
  10. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well as the engine was already kindly and correctly broken in by Dodge in their own dyno for 42 mins. The only things we are breaking in actually are the transmission, the diff and the breaks.
    When i first drove it out the lot from the dealer, shifting was rough and jerky. Kicking hard. Now it shift like im riding in a cloud. About the breaks, they stopped the fading already, now i feel a steady and hard break peddle and a secure cat breaking!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go to a reliable detailer. They have some packages specifically for the BM wheels. My detailer said that he would charge $50 per wheel(that's slightly on the high side) and said they would almost look like a factory finish.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Recopadof15

Recopadof15 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If anyone wants to see the video im talking about. You can go to my instagram, i posteded it. You can find me as recopadof15.
    My profile is public so anyone can see it!

13. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea I have a guy too for the major stuff. I'm not real anal when it comes to small wheel chips, after all they're wheels. It would be nice to have a touch up pen for the small stuff though.

14. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I saw something like that at pep boys I think. I might pick up one myself for those little nicks Etc.

15. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you can match the color let me know