Help. Need place to service Hellcat in northern VA

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by darin skelly, Aug 3, 2015.

1. darin skelly

darin skelly Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I swung bye the Chantilly Va Dodge dealer hoping to talk to a service rep w knowledge of Hellcats. Unfortunately no such luck. I just reached 500 miles and I mentioned I wanted to change oil and also transmission. He said it was a waste of time. I also said well the Hellcat is different and I'd like to be cautious. He then said point blank, nah this car is like all others. It's a 6.2L vs 6.4L and there is no big difference. An engine is an engine. I looked at him dumbfounded and said this engine is 80% all new. It's all new cooling system and thermal, the transmission is different, the suspension is different and it's a high end tweaked performance car. All he said in return is well it isn't a Viper so it doesn't require a specialized service. Blown away by this. Especially when I asked specifically to talk to their service guy who specializes in Hellcats. Argh

So, who knows of a good service dealer or place in northern va /DC?

Darin

• Like Like x 1
  2. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Chris Morrison at Ourisman in Alexandria is the best guy I know of. He is the Ops Director and oversees service.

(703) 329-1600

3. GALTCAT

GALTCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WOW!! I had my Hellcat's oil changed after 500 Miles for no charge at my dealership.

4. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would expect this too from the dealership you bought it from. He may have bought it outside of the area through...

5. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I couldn't get on the list for a hellcat in area. I had to buy in orlando then trailer up. Still doesn't excuse a dodge dealer from being uninformed. They have sold about 10 so far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. I will give him a call.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was only saying that you could not expect a free oil change if you didn't buy the car there.

8. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never even crossed my mind. Guess you are missing the point. They were uninformed and clueless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would prefer a Viper tech work on my car but it is not required. I also talked with my local dealer last week as I have exactly 495 miles on mine and was considering that 1st oil change.

Not every Dodge dealer is a SRT Performance dealer. You can search for one who is at this link
    Find an SRT Dealer driveSRT

Form talking with dealers who are NOT a SRT performance dealer and the dealer that did sell me my cat ( who is not a SRT dealer) I think those dealers are perfectly capable of working on our Hellcat. If the dealer can sell it ( as I understand all of them can) that dealer can work on it and even Jiffy Lube can change the oil ( just kidding) . I do wonder if all dealers sell the Viper and if the Viper requires a special tech? I know my local non SRT dealer told me he did not stock the viper oil filters but he did stock the oil filter that comes stock on our cats and he stocks the Hellcat 0-40 oil.

IMO the dealer is correct in that your car does not require special service and lets face it that Hellcat is delivered on the same truck as a minivan and is built in the same factory as the $25,000 Challenger SXT, but YOU CAN CHOOSE to use a viper tech if you use that SRT dealer search above and find a shop that has one. IMO, it would be better if Dodge only used a SRT dealer to sell the Hellcat but if a small dealer can sell them that shop has to be able to service them.

FYI, I got the cold shoulder at my closest non SRT dealer when I talked with them about the 500 mile oil change. Told me it was not needed but he would do it. FYI, he plugged his computer into my car and did tell me I needed the radio update and that hacking update and his computer thing told him my car had 4 free oil changes so you don't have to use the dealer that sold the car to get free oil. From what I understand the 4 free oil changes may be limited to the southern USA dealer network but any dealer can use his code reader and tell if your car has any free oil changes.

I decided today even with my free oil changes Im doing the 500 mile myself! I ordered the correct oil from Amazon and picking a filter up at the dealer and doing the 500 mile change this week. I want to know my engine a bit better so why not. I will have my dealer do it again at 1,500 miles and then every 6 months as per the book after that as I drive few miles.

"I change my oil every 3,000 miles or whenever I get bored....whatever comes first." Hank Hill, King Of The Hill

10. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    FWIW Chris is a Certified Viper Tech.

11. BK2-Hellcat

BK2-Hellcat VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Picked up our hellcat at Safford Warrenton, they have no issues doing the work. We had the 11 SRT serviced a few times at Chantilly dodge and they have always been good too.

We will probably go to Warrenton for the first oil change, and then maybe Chantilly (or at least check them out).

On a side note, do you do the Cars and Coffee at Dulles Landing on Sunday mornings?

BK2-Hellcat
    15 sublime A8, Sepia, Brass Monkey, Nav, Summer tires

12. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for advice in Warrenton. I won't be going back to the Chantilly Dodge. Obviously they are novices on the HELLCAT. I haven't gone to the Cars and Coffee at DULLES Landing. Can you give me more specifics. Would love to go. I went to the Great Falls cars and coffee this past Saturday. Huge amount of cars but mostly elite super cars and lots of snooty attitudes. Looking for something a little more "normal".

13. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dan in Warrenton is the guy I use....

14. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks

15. Immo

Immo Moparpalooza