Help with Internet purchasing and shipping

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by quakejake, Jun 29, 2016.

1. quakejake

quakejake Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking for tips regarding this process and recommend shipping companies. Open or closed?

2. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Reliable Carriers will cost an arm and a leg, but well worth it if you can afford to use them!! Absolutely closed container...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just went through this when I traded my Hellcat in for a Viper. If you find a dealer that has done it before and knows what they are doing it's easy!

I live in FL and the Viper I wanted was at a dealer in IL. Contacted them....told them up front the long distance issue. They said no problem they do it all the time. Only issue I had was my credit union didn't want to finance a car located out of state but it ended up being a non issue since the dealer was able to get me financed with his bank for the same loan terms.

I took a huge risk buying a Viper without ever seeing it I was worried. But on the flip side the dealer was taking a huge risking giving me money for my trade in without seeing it. It boils down to a trust issue. Both parties have to be on the same page. He was upfront with 2 rock chips on the Viper and I was as well about on on the bumper of my trade in. It happens if you drive a car no way around it. Ask for pictures....a lot of pictures.

As for shipping I would highly recommend enclosed. I paid $1800 to have the ship the Viper down to FL and take the Hellcat back to IL.

I was extremely nervous during the entire time but it all ended up perfect in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. quakejake

quakejake Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks.Who did you use for shipping and how long did it take to get the car home?

• Like Like x 1
  5. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am not positive on the shipping company due to the dealer set it all up for me. I can see if I can find my paperwork and see who did it.

As for time wise. They loaded the Viper up on a Saturday morning in IL and it arrived at my work in FL Monday evening.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do not let the dealer arrange shipping, arrange it yourself. In my case, Michigan to California, $1700 with Intercity Lines, and worth every penny.

Intercity Lines or Reliable Carrier are the only ones I would consider. Enclosed shipping only.

Do not be tempted by the many folks who say they will do it "enclosed" for $500 less. That will be a guy with a single car enclosed trailer, a meth habit, and a pickup truck.

[​IMG]

7. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used Intercity this past January. Purchased my Cat from a dealer in Michigan and had it shipped to Minnesota. Car arrived in perfect condition....driver communicated his ETA with us while it was being transported. The enclosed trailer is peace of mind....to protect the car from flying debris etc. You would, most certainly, save money going through a broker and doing an open trailer.......but with an outfit such as Intercity or Reliable......their bread and butter is transporting cars. They have the experience, equipment and insurance to protect your vehicle.

[GALLERY=]
    IMG_2265.JPG
    [/GALLERY]

• Agree Agree x 1