Help with ordering info

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Nsnprace187, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    New to forum, looking for some info. After a year of waiting on my dealers list. I am #1 on the list. The week orders opened I was at the dealer, wrote a deposit check for the order. Dealer said they are only getting 1 Challenger hellcat in the first allocation period. The dealer contacted me a day later and said he cannot physically order my car until allocation is sent from dodge. He said allocations are sent twice a month. Dealer rep says they will have it in approx 4 months. My car is ordered as plum crazy purple. Everything I've seen says that order has to be placed by Jan 1 or I cannot get the color. I've called dodge and got no where with them. Does anyone have contact info for anyone I can get some answers from? I don't really care when the car comes but I don't understand why the order can't be placed.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I read they were building the PCP cars in November
    PCP was limited to Sept orders/ Allocations.

good luck but there are cars out there keep looking.

3. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, this whole process is a joke, my dealer sold 3 last year, didn't play any games, sold cars for msrp, Chrysler says they doubled production, and a good dealer is rewarded with 1 car. Total bs, and a $5000 price hike, and doubled option pricing

4. currybob

currybob Bob

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Smaller dealers are hit pretty hard with the low allocations. You either find a larger dealer that has not already taken names for all their allocations or wait it out with you current dealer.

He is correct in that he only knows how many total allocations he will get from now to Feb. He will not know when he gets that one allocation till it shows up on allocation day.

5. moparmangamble

moparmangamble Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    70Cuda, where is Lake K?

6. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I guess I have to hop he gets it before the end of the year. Dealer rep said within 4 months from August. Really cuts it close.