Help with some of the electronics?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Ken H, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ken H

Ken H Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I picked up my Hellcat today and it is better than I thought it would be but I have a few pita issues that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

1: When I start the car the steering wheel heater and the drivers side seat heater both turn on like "on" is the default setting, I can shut them off but it's a pain, how do I change this "feature"? I'm puring through the owners manual as best I can but I haven't found a way to make "off" the default setting.

2: My wife will be driving our Hellcat from time to time and she only wants a black key fob however there doesn't seem to be a way for the keyless system to select the red or black key. If there's a red key in the car (like in my pocket in the passengers seat) it automatically chooses the red key, is this a feature we'll have to learn to live with?

3: Where do I find the MPG information and can it be displayed on the drivers information display along with fuel range value?

Thank You for being patient with me it's hard to teach an old guy new tricks. Ken H

Moderator please move this thread if it's in the wrong forum. Thanks

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Ken,
    I will help with what I can. If this doesn't help you, let me know and I can make a video to help with any of it. :D I believe 1. Comes on if it us a certain temp outside. You should be able to shut them off in settings. I'll check to see if a default can be done. Mine only comes on when it is below a certain temp.
    2. Since you will have red key, I would just hit the SRT button and where you choose the sport, street, etc, you can change the horsepower when your wife is driving.
    3. The buttons on your steering wheel on the left side are for changing the settings on your middle steering wheel dash. I have mine set on mpg. And gives you range. It's great because you can still see mph above it. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    read the owners manual tonite, it will help

4. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just checked 1. Yes, you can shut it off in settings on the large screen. There is one that says comfort settings and you can turn it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There you go, Tammie is correct...you can also turn on the Amber DRL in the same control panel with the heat controls

• Like Like x 1