Helped Another SRT8 Owner Get Their Car Bought Back By Chrysler

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKuz, Mar 14, 2015.

1. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In late 2011,my 2011 SRT8 was mysteriously denting on the roof, doors, and side arches. I went around and round with Chrysler about me wanting to have Chrysler buy my car back.

First, they said I was waxing my car to hard or my wife was hitting my car at night with a rolling pin. When I started talking about contacting a lawyer, the Better Business Bureau, and the Florida Attorney General, Chrysler said that that would sand down my whole car to bare metal and re-paint. I told them to stick it because the car was only six months old and it would never look the same as brand new.

I finally took the below Youtube video and sent it to every Chrysler exec, Road and Track, and, Car and Driver. Within 2 days Chrysler agreed to buy my Challenger back and supply me with a brand new 2012 SRT8. Since then I have helped other SRT8 owners having similar denting problems get their SRT8s bought back.

The car had 22dents. So far, I think 4 SRT8 owners have used my video to help get their cars bought back.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is causing the dents? The video is blocked where I'm at.

3. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chrysler never told me. They sent a flatbed truck from Detroit to Florida to pick it up. A Chrysler Engineer and Chrysler Driver drove it back up to Detroit, never saying a word to me or my Dodge dealer. They treated like it was a crashed UFO that they were taking back to Area 51. I am thinking defective sheet metal or not enough areas to withstand the torque. It was the first year for the 392 Hemi.

BKuz

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting

5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow

6. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dang it, now I'm dying to see the video. I'm guessing they got it figured out and you didn't have the same issue on your 2012?

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is more than a little odd. Glad you had it resolved, finally!

April

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there's a guy on the gt500 forums who sold his 2011 SRT8 with the same issues......my 2011 was flawless

ive heard this issue before....i dont think it was too common......they never did fix the trunk monkey for the 2011 high end stereo (the radio goes thud every 5 seconds...even with the keys out....every 5 seconds--all winter long, all day long...thud...thud....)

is it my imagination or did the back seat side windows shrink inside the car on the 2015's? i wonder if there is more structure in the roof....i know on the outside they look the same, but the new interior to me makes it look like those side windows are smaller inside the car......

9. Brampton Builder

Brampton Builder Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Body hasn't changed size , neither has the back seat 1/4 windows all the same since 08

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the 1/4 window is the same from outside the car, but inside the car its much smaller(all years).....i think its gotten even smaller on the 15.....body has changed under the car for the new tranny....havent had mine up on a lift yet, but im told it looks nothing like the 08-14 under the car...structure is different.....same body over a new frame.

when i sit in the car it seems like the blind spot is worse at that 1/4 window...maybe in high