Here in WI- finally out of storage TODAY!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by huggytree, Mar 30, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    fully insured and out of storage

going to start driving the HC today(cant wait anymore), but keep the GT500 off the roads until a few more rains....

weve gotten 3 small rains so far, the snow is gone......the time has come

im in WI....anyone else got their GT500 out yet?

both cars got clear bra'd over the winter (Xpel).....have a set of 305 Nitto's waiting for the rears on both cars for this season.....should have the set in the GT500 within 2 weeks

my cul de sac is always so full of ministones/sand/gravel from the winter i need to take a leaf blower to the whole cul de sac.....i may spend the afternoon out their leaf blowing the road.....im sure the neighbors look at me as the village idiot as im doing it, but w/o its almost deafening the noise of the stones chipping the cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful cars man enjoy your day out

3. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy GN and GNX will not me out yet

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i know we didnt get enough rain to fully flush the salt off the roads.....but i cant wait anymore on the HC

im going to take the wife out to lunch today in it and also pick the kids up at school!

ill flush the bottom out with a power washer in a couple of weeks to get all the salt off

its not like 100% of these cars havent seen salt on their trip down from canada....mine had white inside the hood and trunk edges where the dealership didnt get all the salt off of it

underneath looks perfect still!....no signs of salt issues....i can see 1 rust mark where they hooked my car in the unibody to pull it out.......it will take 100+ years for that mini rust mark to spread into anything

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggy - Both cars looking Bad A$$ and I know your looking forward to having some fun. Enjoy the start of the season.

6. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy! Go easy on that turn in your sub division this time!:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let us know how your first spring drive goes

8. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope out of a ditch it is only 2wd

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    took the wife out for lunch...it was her 1st time in the HC....she was very impressed....she always loved the 2011 IE....but she really likes the Sublime and the new interior....she is getting over a concussion and the exhaust note caused her brain to hurt........i like the way the exhaust makes my garage door vibrate

on the way home i took it to a safe spot for a small beat run....a kettle(ice age stuff) in the road w/o any driveways.....i took it from 45 to 120 (down then up).ive taken her to 140mph before and 0-100mph runs are common with me....120mph is a bid more unusual...little roller coaster ride....performed similar to my gt500, but a bit smoother w/ the A8......it may have gotten about 10mph faster at the top of the hill than the GT500.......i know my gt500 is supposed to stop faster on paper, but ive alway felt the SRT's stop better.......there is no shortage of brakes on the HC.....they work well.....even in 50 degree weather i felt confident with the power...more so than the GT500 in 50degrees......i wouldnt do a beat run in any temp under 70 degrees with the F1's on the GT500

50 degrees, sport transmission, street traction.....floored it at 45mph and no sign of a slip.....with the GT500 you feel it rocking from side to side as its losing traction and the computer is keeping you on the road....its more raw over all than the HC.........i really like the HC.....glad i made the purchase

pick the kids up at school tonight in it....2 of the 3 drove home with me from MI months ago......im sure i will impress all the soccer moms----maybe a burnout from the church parking lot?

• Like Like x 1
  10. 69RT

69RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did anybody ever tell you that you are a lucky man? Well, if not, let me be the first.....you are a lucky man!!

My jaw dropped when I opened up the thread and saw your cars.....WOW!!!

Have fun.

11. Blackdevil77

Blackdevil77 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice! I drove about 100 miles in my Shelby yesterday, I just couldn't wait anymore. I love that car, it's a lot of fun but I don't have a HC yet to compare it to.

You have my dream garage!

12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yay! I am glad to read that you guys are finally thawing out! Enjoy, and drive safely! (Both cars are gorgeous!)

April

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    im a very lucky man...i know...i work my *ss off......as do many of you im sure.....i found a special niche market in Plumbing and am able to make very good money specializing in high end customers.

id love to add a GTR or a Z06....but no more room....my ultimate dream car is a Ford GT, but i cant justify the cost....i dont care if other cars can out perform the Ford GT...i just love it

have a new friend who has a better collection than me
    Viper Acr
    Ford GT
    Z06
    Raptor

im very happy and lucky to own 2 awesome and different cars

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I would not call the Ford GT my ultimate dream car, but it ranks pretty high on my list! I agree with you, it is beautiful!

April

15. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy,, I 'm going to go with tax day as my first day out unless it snows before. Funny we both live in WI, have hellcats and convertible Shelby GT500s.