Hey Dodge, I have a cool solution to the HC problem.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Galt, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Start swapping motors out of SEs and sell them that way; sleepers. GM accidentally did that with the first new Camaros in 96. Painted roofs, tiny fake 6 cyl exhaust tip, cloth interior - total stripper - but had the big motor and police package brakes and suspension. At the time it was faster than the Vette. They weren't supposed to be built that way but the ordering system had a flaw in it and a couple wise guy dealers had a field day. They only built a handful of them before GM caught on and refused to make anymore. They're sought after now by collectors who know what they were. Just a low key, nondescript menace in dark neutral colors you wouldn't notice.

I'd TOTALLY be interested in a SE or SXT trim Charger Hellcat. No one would know what it was, cops wouldn't look at it twice, guys in Ferraris would think it's a rental. This is a recipe for under the radar fun. I'll take mine in asphalt, gunmetal or silver and put the ugliest wheels you can find on it. I'm serious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Come to think of it, that might elevate all the base model cars. Like a Willy Wonka chocolate bar you'd never know which one had a golden ticket in it. Be much less perceptually deflating to drive an SXT if car guys thought there was a chance you were carrying a sledgehammer up front.