Hi - looking for help in Southern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by 10dot3, Apr 28, 2016.

1. 10dot3

10dot3 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hello!
    First off, I have been browsing this forum for a few months and it seems like everyone comes across as very friendly and helpful. It's refreshing to see a forum like that.
    I have a Charger SRT8 and a Grand Cherokee SRT8. No Hellcat. I have only seen a Hellcat live on the road for less than a total of 10 minutes. It's impossible to check one out at a dealership without being cornered by sales people trying to sell one at $20k ADM.
    I would love to check one out in person so I can better decide if I really should move forward from my Charger. Feedback from how big of a difference in performance between 470 and 707 HP is also welcome!
    I live in between Ventura and LA counties. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The difference is remarkable and stunning. These cars are a engineering marvel on top of being a factory built rocket ship. Until you get to drive one it is hard to feel and describe what is like. To have a dominating street beast in your stable is a great feeling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and welcome! I went from a 2009 Challenger SRT8 6.1L, to a 2013 Challenger 392 6.4L ... even that small difference was noticeable. Traded the 392 in on a 2015 Challenger Hellcat, and WOW (then I traded the 2015 in on a 2016 Challenger Hellcat in the color I have lusted after for years, Plum Crazy)! The Hellcat is shockingly well behaved for an around-the-town/daily driver, but a caged monster is under the hood just praying for you to press that gas pedal a lil harder, because then the beast is unleashed. Drive with caution, and enjoy! :D

April

• Like Like x 2
  4. 1BDHCAT

1BDHCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Ventura. I test drove srt but went with hellcat. You can check mine out. I can take you for a spin.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the Forum. You will get very good information on this sight. I am sure you will feel a big difference in the power as most of us did. You might need to look around and find one at MSRP . They are out there I have seen several but you might have to make a road trip. Good luck

Chuck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat
    Record Holder
    Fastest HC Charger/Record Holder

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    There is no comparison!!
    I have a 2010 srt8 Furious Fuchsia Challenger well actually 2. One is a race built car and the other is a daily driver with a pro charger build by HHP. I love these cars, but my Hellcat Charger supercedes as a Daily driver.

My Hellcat Charger as a Daily Driver is a very comfortable car to drive with the power and speed for fun going beyond picking up groceries at the store.
    These cars are built to be track driven!
    You know you want the best of both worlds Comfortable Fast Fun?

Linda:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bascadog

Bascadog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Camarillo, we have a few Hellcats come to the Newbury Park Cars and Coffee you can check out. I'm sure we can get you a spin in one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. specl4ss

specl4ss Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1BDHCAT

1BDHCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Bascadog, is it Conejo Valley Cars and Coffee?

10. Bascadog

Bascadog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah. Also super car Sunday

11. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to you and your paddock!

12. 10dot3

10dot3 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I want to say a HUGE thank you to 1BDHCAT. Amazing asset you guys have here at this forum. We connected this morning for a ride along the beautiful Pacific. I felt very privileged to be able to go for a spin especially after seeing how low miles he still had. I felt like I was talking to someone I've known for years (not a first meeting off the internet lol) and he showed me many times why people love the Hellcat.
    The car was amazing. The thing that surprised me was how quiet it was when he was cruising at 25-30 mph. But oh man, that roar when he wanted it to move...
    My biggest challenge now is finding one at MSRP. My local dealership where I take both my SRT8s said the best they could do was $7500 over today :shakes my head: I probably do need to extend my search to Arizona. Even all the ones available in N. Cal are marked up. The challenge is also I want to get rid of my Charger at the same time - think it would be so much easier trading it in. That obstacle eliminates buying one from a far away state.
    Nonetheless, thank you again 1BDHCAT - you are an awesome person to have met.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 1BDHCAT

1BDHCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No prob 10dot3! It was my pleasure! I hope our joy ride has convinced you to go get your cat! Take your time it's a buyers market right now. You will find your cat at the price you desire. Just be ready to pull the trigger when you find it. :cool:

I can't wait to go for a ride in a charger hellcat!!;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in az....ordered my cat from texas.....port lavaca dodge....couldn't get msrp here....

• Like Like x 1
  15. GiveEmHell

GiveEmHell Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You should be able to find one at MSRP without too much trouble. If you want, you can call Avondale Dodge in AZ and ask for Charlie Favreau. I was just there a week ago and they had 6 hellcats, all at MSRP. I bought mine there, really easy to deal with.

Good luck,
    Jason

Edit - I would have posted a link to the dealer page with the HCs for sale, but I am new here and wasn't sure it that is frowned upon in this establishment.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1