Hi to all on a great Forum...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by querquecat, Jan 27, 2015.

1. querquecat

querquecat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Guys and Gals… I've been watching and waiting for a long time now. Been wanting a Challenger since 1970, when I was still a kid. Never have had a new car. Nothing ever fell into place and when the '08s came out I promised myself I'd get one soon. Still had to put things on hold due to family matters and life itself. When Mom passed on last year, I figured I get a '14 as I was born in '57, turned 57 and aways used 57 as a race#.

So then I hear the rumors of the new Chally, and then the rumors of HP. When they announced the 707 in July, I went straight down to my dealer and gave him a K to be 1st in line. He has always promised MSRP. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on a sunroof (Torred, M6, Nav, red/black), so here I sit as 2 have passed by. The GM has been great with me and will continue to hold my spot in line. Hopefully the glass will make production soon. I think I won't wait too much longer tho.

I just wanted to Thank you all for a great Forum. Totally enjoy it. I hope I can add something to it one of these days.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, great story and I hope you get your order processed with the sun roof someday although if I'm not mistaken the sun roof may not be available any longer.

3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As the prior poster mentioned, I don't think there will be sunroofs in the two-door Hellcats, just the Chargers. I suggest re-thinking the necessity of a sunroof, and don't deny yourself the pleasure of this incredible vehicle over an option.
    Best of luck in the quest, and thanks for joining the site!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum,,I agree,, sunroof is causing huge delays,,, if your ok with waiting then wait,, but mine others said, if you can live without it,,,,I would get it,, you won't be disappointed with the car

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, it sounds like you race? If so you can live w/o the roof for your helmet.

6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You ordered my car minus the sunroof! Welcome to the forum. Just think, drop the sunroof and you could be driving something similar to this... tail stripe not included. lol Sunny morning after bath.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does that stripe make the back of my car look big ???......................................................................I kept it clean not nasty

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL. The other pic made my baby's butt look big so, I didn't post it... Hellcat 1.14.15 sun back side view.JPG

9. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It looks fine just the way it is. Boy, have I said that about a hundred times

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, my sexy Hellbaby is VERY photogenic and just does NOT take a bad picture from any angle. LOL ;)

11. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum. I see you have met some key members already ;). Keep everyone updated with your order.

12. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck. I think the rumour is July for the sunroof. But I would not take that as gospel as it seems to be a rather big issue. Personally I would rethink going with the roof as you could be waiting for a very long time and it might still not happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum!

April

14. querquecat

querquecat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks everyone… Well, I've know it all along and sometimes I have too much patience. Sure would be nice if there was an official date, statement, something to confirm one way or the other. "Late 2015, 2nd production run" ain't a whole lot of persuasion when you see them go back and forth with the hood, colors and such.

Went down to the dealer again yesterday to see if they had any more updates or if they could possible get any info outta the company. The GM has tried. Nadda. Said the next Allo' will be in a couple weeks, so I will wait at least till then since I have to anyway. Tough going down there tho as the #1 car (color change from what I want) that was supposed to be mine sits there with my name on it. My dealer really has tried hard.

I suppose I could always just get one without and then trade it if the factory ever makes up their mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jerrt trapp

Jerrt trapp Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the the last 3 trucks I have had a sunroof and where never opened,the last 2 Challengers have had sunroofs and again never opened, The sunroof option or satin black hood would not stop me from ordering a car or if you could find 1 on a dealers lot, the only thing Im not going to do is pay $5,000 to $20,000 over MSRP.I found a dealer that had cars allocated to there dealership and I ordered the car I wanted at MSRP plus my options.

• Like Like x 1