HK Data/Info.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by goingsolo2, Jun 16, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does anyone have the specs on the HK system in the Challenger Hellcat? I'm going to replace the speakers with Morel Tempo's most likely and keep everything else factory, but I ned to know power to each speaker RMS, as well as how many ohms they run at so I don't under power them. A diagram would be awesome as well and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Steve

2. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm trying to get the type/size of each speaker…the impedance each one is running at, and the power RMS to each. I am planning on replacing the garbage stock speakers with Morels. The information I need will help me see which Morel line to get. I know their Supremo line is their top, but there probably isn't enough power from the OEM amplifier to power them properly. Running an aftermarket amp is a nightmare, as you'd want to change out the head unit but everything is connected to it, such as the AC, seats, etc. I decided I am going to just replace the OEM speakers, keep the subwoofers, install a front laser jammer, and call it a day.

We have a call in to Morel, and they may be able to supply the information I need. if I get it, I'll be sure to post it. If anyone else has it, please post up. Thanks so much!

3. ChargeCat

ChargeCat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I believe that someone posted that the speakers are 3 ohm. It is difficult to get the truth on oem amp ratings. Companies such as HK mention 900 "equivalent" watts for the HK system in the HCs. Bose is a mainstream oem audio manufacturer who is also super secretive on their hardware specs. Please post up any info that you are able to gather. Best bet would be to go with a 3 ohm speaker that is highly efficient (92+ db) as volume is already limited. A less efficient speaker will not provide enough volume. The best bang for buck system that I had in my CTS V with the Bose system was speaker upgrades for the dash, rear deck, and rear door speakers (inexpensive but highly efficient Boston Acoustics 3.5" in the dash and rear deck and 5.25" in the rear doors ) and adding a 12" externally amped JL Audio W6 sub. You can (and I did eventually in my V) use a Rockford Fosgate 360.3 to add external amps for more high end speakers while keeping the factory head unit, but it is a pain to properly sum the factory crossed signals to get back to full range. It ended up being great, but was truly WAY too much trouble getting there!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1