HK getting updated now, better sound?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Rob K, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    its in the shop!l Lots of correspondence with Chrysler. They sent two speakers (one of mine got cracked) and dodge rep to meet me and my car at the dealer. They're not letting the dealer do the work, they want to be 100% it's done right. I don't even think they pushed the flash update out to dealers her but they're clIming this will fix the FM/XM quality issue. Also looking at my coolant smell issue.

For now, they gave me a Dart. Hoping to have my HC back this afternoon with good news to report.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet that thing is really fast when going down hill! (And if you get out and push) :D

3. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did 0-60 in 11 seconds flat!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    also dissapointed in the stereo..........my 1000 watt kicker in the gt500 is much better sounding than my 900 what HK in the HC.....that and the recaro seats are the only 2 things i like better about the gt500.......strange how HK has such a good rep. yet w/ dodge ive never heard anything good about them...even going back to 2012 there were complaints

my 2011 had the high end radio....it sounded like AM it was so bad...i should have taken it in for the issue....at least the HK is acceptable.....its about average for a radio....i would not consider it high end sounding

5. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah; the slant gives me flashbacks to Batman reruns (Holy HK!). I just had my car in for service yesterday (oil change, fix the vibration/wheel balance, check hoses) but they had nothing yet for the HK; so they are probably still verifying the fixes. But I am confident that the fixes they are applying to your car will work and soon be distributed. (I don't know if it is all going to be a software download that we can do at home or something we'll need to bring the car in for; I hope the former - if you can let us know).

6. Fiveinch

Fiveinch Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I lost the right rear speaker in my SRT 392...I must echo the radio quality. My '06 2500HD has a Bose system that sort of shames this new HK system in my '15 Challenger.

7. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    GRRRR. They ordered "2 rear speakers" to make sure they could replace both in case something was off or wrong (even though I was 100% sure it was right rear). And they sent 2 left rear speakers. Apparently they're different. So they ordered the right one and plan on having it delivered, installed and car returned tomorrow.

It's only a day, but I really want my HC back. I miss her already.

8. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm still in D but I'm sure by the time mine is built they won't have this HK thing figured out yet. Hopefully it's up to snuff but I'll have to wait and see.

I'd be a little irritated if my loaner car was a Dart when I just paid $70k for one of their top of the line vehicles. Loaner vehicles should be commensurate with the vehicle purchased in my opinion. A friend of mine just bought an Infinity Q50s and when he needed to have something done, at least they gave him another Q50. I don't expect a Hellcat but certainly not a Dart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, maybe something like this...

Dart 2.jpg Dart.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Speedlogix

Speedlogix Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hope your HK improves as I'm disappointed with the sound of mine, too. From all the posts it seems to be a common complaint. 99% of the time I prefer the sound of the engine / supercharger / exhaust anyway, but I do like to crank the XM sometimes.

11. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You know...it's been a bit of a nice problem. I have audio books on MP3 that I like to listen to and some killer playlists, but I find myself driving with the radio off most of the time so I can hear the supercharger and exhaust. It's very intoxicating...especially now with the windows down! OMG, it's SUCH A BEAST!

As for the loaner, it's ok. I've had nothing but Lexus and MB for the past 16 years. They only give you their low end cars as rentals...so driving an SUV i'd get a lexus es or an MB C class.

I was actually surprised when they told me they'd give me a loaner at all...i kind of conceded to the fact that I'd have to have work done on my cars when I'm home or bum rides. Do you think they'll always give loaners for these?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm getting my daughter a Dart for her first car. I think they are perfect first cars. Let me know what you think? Obviously it sucks compared to a Hellcat, but I think it would make a great first car. Hope you get your baby back quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mblasr

mblasr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In a hurricane

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. want2

want2 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have had the upgrade done and it does improve the reception and sound. I couldn't get the download to react properly to be downloaded. Had to have the upgrade sent by e-mail and then it worked just fine. Don't need the dealer to help. Chrysler Uconnect rep talked me through the whole process; went very smoothly.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My H&K radio makes me not want to drive the car when I'm in a mood to listen to music which is most often. My Nissan is louder, at 50% compared to the dodge at 100%. Total junk radio system, PATHETIC!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1