Hood Swap with Charger Hellcat's

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by junglas, May 14, 2016.

1. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Hey guys, I'm planning on ordering a Charger's (or Challenger's, assuming they're the same) Hellcat hood, I am also assuming that it's the same measurement as the SRT 392's hood bay for it to fit nicely. I am liking the better/meaner look with it's tri-hood scoop inserts (I know the center hood scoop is the same). What do you guys think, is it doable? Thanks!

2. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Challengers and chargers have different hoods. But hellcat hood would fit on the SRT and vice-versa.

You are ridding the line of up badging though...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Don't see why not. Might be helpful if you plan on adding a supercharger later on like I've been contemplating. As long as you don't start sticking Hellcat badges on...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Supercharging the 6.4 is a no no. And I could be wrong but I looked into this with my previous 2015 SRT's. And no luck on finding one and read article after article of new Pistons would be needed and this and that....etc. And by the time you get done your out of pocket money will be close to buy the real deal. And the Hellcat hood is cool but keep in mind if you make it look like a Hellcat and someone runs you that will be the talk of the day. "I beat a Hellcat today". And to each his own so no criticism to you personally junglas. If it was me I'd make it a sleeper. Just look at Street Oultlaws with the the Farm Truck and the Beetle LOL.

5. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Really??? My old ride(2012 300SRT8) is still going strong with 40,000plus miles and OEM pistons and rods at 10:9 to 1 CR. The 4032 or 2618 forged pistons and rods ARE the ONLY thing needed when 10psi plus of boost is exceeded. Even the glued together OEM intake will take 20psi before the seams will separate. The lower end 6.1 and 6.4 ARE forged! Just Cast pistons and rods - NOT fully forged! 2012 Dodge/Chrysler 300C SRT | ProCharger After having the Hellcat for 7400 miles, I would do another Procharger with-out any hesitation! They hit softer below 3000rpm and SCREAM to 6600rpm after that! They also run much cooler with-out the heat soak! And a few photo's Album: The Fastest Color in the World!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Great to hear and I am not the expert. I researched the Internet and personally contacted Kenny Bell for my 2015's and waited 9 months for a super charger and was told no. And was still working on it. Also, I know prior 2015 6.4 you can purchase a supercharger but have been told the 2015 (last year for me) they could not crack the code for the tuner. So hope your right and be sure to let all the 2015 and 2016 SRT wanna be Hellcat owners your info. Because I posted a question on supercharging my 2015 SRT Charger and Challenger (before I moved on to the real deal) and all I got was not a good idea and basically the same response I just posted. So TEO help out the SRT owners and I am curious as well since I have a 6.4 Ram 2500 2016 which I have a MBRP and K&N exhaust. I'd love to supercharge my truck so post some links with a company who offers 2015 and 2016 6.4 Superchargers and I'd appreciate that:)

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  7. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Contact Drew Shepard - Tech or Ken Jones(Owner) at Procharger. They will be able to answer your questions. As to the codes? Holly now owns DiabloSport. In 2015 there were possible programming copyright issues that needed to be addressed. Hopefully this matter was completely addressed and corrected with FCA and other tuners. And Contact Jim Bell or Michael at K - Bell for updates. My buddy has a 2.8L K/Bell on his 2011 6.4L set to 7.5psi with NO issues or additional mods. He has 7,000miles on his ride. All the prior issues (melted pistons) were in the tune with going right to lean AFR's! The 6.1 and 6.4 Hemi needs to initially go rich before it is leaned back to upper ends (Progressive AFR fueling) Not immediately go lean! And just for some numbers on the 2012, it was 439rwhp base line. 578rwhp at only 7.3psi. There is more if the new owner really wants to get to 700rwhp.plus. Just HOW MUCH MORE Ca-Ching to throw at it??? :D

2015 Dodge owners get ready for BOOST! | ProCharger

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Heavy Metal

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Their reply to me:

Thanks for your interest in ProCharger! We're still currently working on the R&D for the 2015-16 Dodge Charger 6.4L at this time. Keep an eye on our website blog and Facebook page as new information comes available. We should have availability in the next few weeks. When ready, this system will sell for $6848 MSRP and will add 200 HP to a 6.4L engine at 7 psi of intercooled boost. Thank you for your interest in a ProCharger Supercharger for your vehicle. Click on the link below to find an authorized dealer in your area if you’re interested in pre-ordering a system for your car.

Our complete system is designed around a 100% stock vehicle and will include everything you need for the fuel system and tuning (outside of having the cars ECU unlocked by DiabloSport). See attached PCM unlock and ProCharger warranty information.

Attached Files:

9. cat8you

cat8you Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you like the looks of the hood put it on your car.Why would you care what anyone on here says.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also if it fit right the Cai stock with hellcat should be added as well if it doesn't have it already

11. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hell it wouldn't be a forum if we didn't say our two cents worth LOL. And yeah I agree who cares but it's nice to give the non Hellcat owners not such an easy answer LOL.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    thanks for your input guys I appreciate it!
    Lol my question was more technical than stylistic but I see what you mean lol :p

Since you guys brought up the issue of supercharging/boosting your 6.4's I found this video of a 15' Scat pack challenger with the works check it out:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Heavy Metal

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Yeah watched this video about a month ago. For under 50k you can have well over 600 HP.

14. srtdusty

srtdusty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Are you going to able to get the charger hood in the GCC? I know the challenger is available not sure about the hellcat charger. I thought almost all if not all the hellcat chargers in the GCC were either US or Candian spec.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. junglas

junglas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I found a couple of sellers on Amazon, but they're not official dealers which is a bit worrisome. If they can't ship to GCC then I'll try to contact the official dealer/supplier, we have a Mopar supplier here locally but I think I can save more if I do it on my own. Either way, at the end of the day it's just a part-order, shouldn't be that huge of an issue but I'll still try to get a good bargain on it.