Hoods rear facing heat extractors

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tanner, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Still sorting out satin paint vs. wrapping the hood (75% nod to a wrap). Question, have yet to see a HC or can discern from pictures, the ?, what is the finish and color of these "louvers"? Plus those whi wrapped, assuming a quality installation resulted, how is fit and finish specifically at the scoop? Thanks

2. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is ok.

The picture doesn't show the outline. And your installer will hare you a bit-it is a tough hood.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MoparPhil

MoparPhil Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My installer IMG_0588.jpg removed the vents for scoop and the vents and the wrap went underneath. They practiced on my buddy's hood first before doing mine. Both came out great!

• Like Like x 1
  4. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The louvers are flat black. They are easily removed before wrapping (or painting if you make the choice for aftermarket painting). My hood is wrapped and the vinyl is wrapped around the edges of the air scoop and heat exchanger openings and then the louvers are popped back in. There are no "gaps" around the edges of the louvers (I can't imagine any installer trying to do it any other way). My hood (flat black, not satin) looks like a painted hood (until the hood is raised and the underside is obviosly Sublime Green). (It is my understanding that factory painted Satin Black hoods are painted black on the under surface as well as the hinges). The vinyl is wrappes around the edges of the hood to the inderside of the hood and trimmed where the exterior skin meets the underside structural panel. The lines are clean, straight and even (I wouldn't accept anything less from an installer). It looks very professional. You won't be disappointed with a wrap and it's so much easier to care for than the Black Satin paint. I consulted several installers prior to making the decision as to whom to hire. All expressed reservations about the complexities of wrapping a hood like the Hellcat has. So far, I have not seen any postings about a "bad hood wrap job" or the need for the installer to rip the vinyl off and start over because the job went badly. One installer that I initially consulted told me that there was "no way to wrap the hood without seaming the vinyl in the midline in front of the air scoop" (in order to take up the slack). Obviously, I selected another installer.

5. BigDen

BigDen Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My ivory white pearl tri-coat Charger Hellcat goes in for a satin black hood wrap and X-Pell clear bra tomorrow. I'll post pictures later this week. My installer wraps all sorts of very high end vehicles so I really don't think the Hellcat curves is a challenge for him. Worst case is peel it off and he'll re-do the job.

6. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    T
    Thanks for the pixs, worth a solid 1000 words. The white... Really pops.

7. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey GTS, very informative. I have read posts regarding the satin hood. I was just a me to realize an order in late May. My first choice of Sub Lime. Hood and sun roof is currently Billet Silver m6. I like the idea of a flat or matte as well. I'll check into installers while I wait out my current D status. Thanks for the infor

8. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Big Den, you are exactly right, find the best person for the job. To what extent will the clear protect,

9. BigDen

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The wrap will cover front fascia, front fenders, mirrors, door pull cups, lower doors and rockers and behind rear tires. I already installed the splash protectors some of the wrap may be overkill but I plan I driving the HC so a little extra protection won't hurt. I had my 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible wrapped also and it really worked out well. The person I use does all sorts of exotic cars and even changes the color of the cars and you can only tell if you look in some impossible places under the hood.

10. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pay now or pay later, The upfront cost and that protection has definite value. Like the saying goes cry once. Are you running anything for rock guards?

11. BigDen

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I recently installed the speedlogix splash guards. At first I really didn't care for them but they have grown on me so I'll leave them until I see something better. I don't show my new muscle cars so function means as much as style to some degree. I also have a very nice 1947 Ford Coupe with a Chevy driveline and modern interior that we drive all over the country. It's been 12 years since it was last redone so it's no longer a show stopper but in it's day it was featured in many magazines and won several major awards. Just a high end driver to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tanner

Tanner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Function goes hand in hand with style. Just finished building an off road that the fender flares will require flaps to reduce the plastering the side of the truck is getting, that will lack style for sure.The coupe, done up right for that kind of duration. Heading over to Speedlogic site yet this evening, regards BigDen.