Houston Cats I need your advice

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Angel, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What dealership are you using for maintenance & work on your cats?
    I need to get an inspection & oil change on my cat today.

2. Wamo

Wamo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Demontrond in Conroe is where I take the viper. Excellent, still waiting on the hellcat. Avoid auto nation like the plague in spring man don't take it anywhere near them. Was a very loyal customer when they where spring dodge there is a reason they had to change there name. Bought like 5 vehicles from them in 6 years then I took the viper in for a front brake job and radiator flush. They broke a caliper 500 bucks and when I got home I double checked their work like a always do and noticed there wasn't any radiator fluid in the tank. So I popped the cap and it was way low I could barely see any radiator fluid way down in the radiator so I topped it off myself. Wasn't too mad hey everybody mistakes wasn't the end of the world I handled it took care of it myself but the next morning I came out and the garage floor was covered in power steering fluid. So checking I could see the bottom radiator hose runs right next to high pressure line coming out of the power steering box so I figure they must of bumped it while doing the radiator flush. I could see it was all wet and the highest point on the pump so I took it in to them to talk to the manager and he didn't even want to talk me. So they looked it over and told me it was leaking between the reservoir and the pump and I would need a new power steering pump. I called b.s. and my buddy has a viper and always rants and raves about the srt tech up at Demontrond, excellent body shop too by the way. So I took it up there for a second opinion and just as I suspected it was the high pressure line they replaced and I've had no issues since. Just my long winded 2 cents. Lol

3. RB_

RB_ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I plan on using Helfman. I've had good experience with them on other Dodge vehicles I've owned. I imagine for something as simple as an oil change, any would do.

For sure I'd stay away from the dealer in Baytown. They're terrible there.

4. Wamo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I heard the same thing about baytown

5. mggsrt8

mggsrt8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought my Hellcat in Dallas and live in Houston and plan on taking it to Tomball Dodge for service work. They are large SRT/Viper dealer.

6. Wamo

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hear good things about tomball

7. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the information guys, for today I used Ron Carter Dodge in Alvin, TX to get the inspection and oil change like RB stated its a simple task. When I got there they had a brand new HC challenger that just arrived and it looked just like mine and they were prepping it. The service advisor David told me that was the first one they had got in.
    They gave me the one year inspection not the two year inspection due to they stated they couldn't verify it was new/not registered to anyone in South Carolina which was no big deal.
    What rubbed me the wrong way was that they only did a safety inspection because it was new but they still drove it 2 miles. What's up with that? When I asked David about it he didn't know what to say so he asked if I wanted to talk to the service manager and I said sure. I wait for a little while by my HC and David comes back by himself and tells me that the Manager stated the two miles came from the inspection due to they have to drive it. Now I know that I don't do inspections but this was for just a Safety inspection not a full blown inspection and this dealership is huge they could have tested the brakes in there own parking lot. I think they just wanted to go for a joy ride in my car. Its not a big deal and I wasn't really upset I was just irritated about it but what pissed me off was the service manager wouldn't even come talk to me in person because I was advised that he was to busy.

Oh well I guess I'll keep looking for another Dealership. I live in League City and was hoping to find a good one on this side but I've tried Clear Lake Dodge, Ron Carter in Dickinson and now Ron Carter in Alvin and I'm not impressed by any of them. Looks like I'll be heading to Conroe or Tomball. Lol!

8. RB_

RB_ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow

That guy was full of bull. I bought my Charger HC from Ron Carter/Alvin, and when I picked it up they had just sold a Challenger HC to a guy that lives in Austin. They gave me the whole tour and I met the service manager, and asked him a few simple questions like what kind of oil, and service intervals it requires and he couldn't answer them. That's when I knew I wouldn't carry mine back there for any major service.

My purchase experience was great, Eric Leal, their sales manager was very patient with me and worked with me directly through the entire order.

Sorry I didn't touch on that experience earlier.

9. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its all good she's home now safe and sound. :D
    20150916_135557_resized.jpg

Sorry for the crappie phone picture usually it takes decent pictures.

10. RB_

RB_ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful car sir!

11. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That guy from Austin is me. Picked up the car March the 6th.
    They told me that I got the first hellcat in their dealership and i get my car serviced in georgetown tx.

12. RB_

RB_ Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hope you're enjoying your cat as much as I am!

I'll be checking out Tomball for my service needs based on other post in this thread.

Very happy we have this forum to share experiences/knowledge with eachother.

13. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    lol ya Ron Carter in Alvin has sold many hellcats (although they wanted a markup the last I saw)...different than Ron Carter in League City.

I too have heard good things about Tomball Dodge for SRT/Viper things, though when I had my engine replaced on my 2010 Charger, it took 6 weeks and they'd never return my phone calls for status updates so I'm a bit upset (could care less that it took so long, it was the complete lack of communication I didn't like).

14. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys, I've been loving my cat. I have over 1200 miles already. I totally agree that this site is awesome because of all the members looking out and helping each other.
    Customer service is nothing like it used to be I'm highly disappointed with customer service now a days except for my dealings with Rick Hendricks Dodge in South Carolina of course ;) I just wish they were local.

15. RezinTexas

RezinTexas Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For the few times I needed a shop to do something to my SRT magnum, Tomball Dodge was good. I would use them again.