How are you paying for your Hellcat?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by noboost4you, Nov 6, 2014.

?

How are you paying for your Hellcat?

1. Cash money

97 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Some down, finance through dealer

59 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Some down, finance through third party

65 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    As the topic suggests, how are you paying for your Hellcat? As none of my dealers will accept a pre-order deposit for the Charger HC, one has stated a minimum of $5,000 is due upon ordering. I would then assume the balance is due upon delivery, but I'm not 100%.

Also, if you are financing, does the dealer expect to know about your financing prior to ordering, or could that be taken care of during the build process and revealed when delivered?

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have said this before, but I will again...I am a bit unique because this is my 5th Dodge purchase with this dealer. I called him and asked if there was a mark up if I ordered the Hellcat and he said no, come on in and order. Because he had my information from previous purchases, he did not ask for any money down or run credit. I had had some medical issues and was worried so, I pulled the trigger and had the finance guy run everything when I thought the car was coming. I have since called them and they are holding the approval for 45 days so, I should be good. What I will probably do is run the financing through the dealer. I will probably move it over to my local credit union in a year. I was also considering a lease if I couldn't get the payments where I needed them, but I think we are good for now. ;) My situation is unique, if I were able to, I would just go straight to my credit union and get the approval, it would be a better rate, but I just want the car and my dealer can make that happen.:D

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealer took a $5k deposit, a month and half later I went in on my own to do a soft pull on credit for financing. It was a $5k deposit to place an order with a $5k over MSRP. Once it comes in my fiance and I are trading in a super bee and a challenger and doing a joint app.

4. SteveLose

SteveLose Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer asked for $5,000 down and we agreed on $2,500. I paid $5,000 over MSRP and have no problem with that given what I'm getting in return. When the car is delivered I will put an additional $30,000 down and finance the balance. Not sure if I will use dealer finance or 3rd party.

5. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have to pay for it?

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    2k deposit, then sell my SRT 8 and finance the rest. I should hopefully be fine. Just gotta pull my credit soon to make sure no one has been monkeying around with it.

7. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had to put $5,000 down and it was marked $5,000 above MSRP. I'm puting probably a little more than half down and will pay off the rest within a year. Luckily my car habit will pay for this hellcat...:sell some old stuff buy some new stuff...it's the circle of life :).

• Like Like x 1
  8. noboost4you

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I ask because if you finance through the dealer, it's another avenue for them to make more money and thus able to negotiate on the selling price a little more. However, I'm guessing all the bargaining tricks are thrown out with these cars.

9. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, that is correct. If you don't like your dealer, refinance with your bank in 30 days and they lose their kick back, or whatever it is called. At least, that is what my dad told me, but he was a used at salesman so it might be different. I am happy with my dealer and their work on financing so, I am leaving it as is for a year.

• Like Like x 2
  10. noboost4you

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had not ever considered that option. Thanks. Just need to make sure there isn't some form of penalty for paying off the dealer financing early by switching credit unions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i put 10 grand deposit down Aug 4th, 5 grand over MSRP which i thought for this beast and first allocation was worth it.... ill most likely finance thru the dealer. I was told at that time.. IF they could get one it was sold to me.. They now swear up and down that they got 2 allocations, first is mine, second ordered for them i believe just sold... orders went in on 9-9 still sitting w VON n BX.

12. Butler

Butler Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I only had to put $1000 down to place the order and I am paying MSRP. This was the first dealer I went to and asked about it. The 2 other dealers tried to discourage me from getting a hellcat saying it would be too difficult and tried to sell me a V6. They clearly didn't understand. I went back to the first dealer the next day and placed my order. Had a VON number later that week. I was super impressed with her knowledge of dodge and the hellcat. If anyone around the dc, northern Virginia area needs a dealer let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

13. Hellacious Feline

Hellacious Feline Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have 7 quarter horses, only need 700 more and I can trade them... Seems fair :D

14. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Getting mine (I hope I get it) for MSRP. No deposit required due to the amount of business I've done with them. Trading in 2012 SRT Yellow Jacket and heavily modded 2012 Ram 1500. Financing rest through my credit union due to their new car rate of 1.99%.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Russ Potter

Russ Potter Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am buying myself a retirement present so am paying cash. Have bought 5 new cars thru this dealer so only had to put $100 down. I consider myself very lucky to be friends with Slingerland CDJR.

• Agree Agree x 2