SRT Hellcat Forum banner

How do you fill the supercharger coolant?

24K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  SRTFighter 
#1 ·
I pinned my crank - drained coolant - had 1/2 gallon come out - trying to fill from overflow tank - not working well

What am I doing wrong?

#4 ·
Yes - it was inter cooler coolant I was asking about

I drove the car around my neighborhood and it moved some more coolant through the system - now missing just a few ounces but reading full - I'll drive some more and see what happens

PS don't open bleeder on back of intake where the coolant lines go in - I lost another few ounces as I opened it - onto the exhaust - tsssssssss......

#8 ·
You had me mildly concerned. On the phone in my ear was a very experienced Service Manager/Mopar Nut/friend. We are just attempting to get this pest of a idiot chime to stop after quick acceleration to stop saying it is low. I may have a bad cap. Looked and it was low past the cold line. It was full last year. So we are watching now.

#9 ·
I ran mine a little, shut off. Cracked the bleeder and let the air escape. Repeated until just coolant came out, took maybe 3-4 times. That's what the bleeders are there for and why the coolant reservoirs are the highest part of the cooling system-helps air escape into the reservoir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.