How Dodge puts a cap on Hellcat allocation for dealerships

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Carnage, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    this article is about a month old or so. Source leftlanenews

Dodge puts tight controls on Challenger Hellcat availability for dealers
    Chrysler dealers are getting their first chance to secure the Dodge Challenger Hellcat, but the automaker has reportedly established tight controls to manage distribution of its latest halo car.

Unsurprisingly, the company is preparing to initially provide the largest number of Hellcat units to dealers with the highest number of Dodge sales in the previous six months.

"You sell a lot of Darts for me, Journeys for me, Durangos for me, I'm going to give you the rights to this one, too, because this is a halo of the brand," Dodge brand chief Tim Kuniskis told Automotive News.

Notably, however, the company wants to dissuade dealers from inflating the selling price to line their own pockets. Many dealers will be tempted to charge a premium for the attention-grabbing Hellcats, which could easily fetch well above MSRP due to limited production numbers.
    Once the Hellcat-powered Challengers arrive in showrooms, the allocation formula will then reward dealers who are the quickest at selling the 707-horsepower pony cars. Dealers still have a right to inflate the asking price, but they may have a harder time getting additional Hellcat inventory if they choose such pricing strategies.

The most powerful vehicle in Chrysler's lineup is expected to be limited to as few as 1,200 units, representing one car for every two Dodge franchises in the US. If the company is successful in encouraging dealers to sell the model at MSRP, buyers will soon be able to pick one up for $60,990.

2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds similar to what we have heard through the forum. good info. Thanks for sharing.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zacuda

Zacuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought they had 4000 orders in September? This also conflicts with what the president of Dodge stated.

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The last sentence says soon you'll be able to order so this has to be about a week or few days before order banks

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wonder why they are calling it a limited production car....from what i read Dodge said they will make as many as needed...i never heard there was a production cap

6. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggy, it's not a specific production cap, so they cannot call it 'limited production', but due to lots of prob's with suppliers and vendors, only providing small batches of stuff like Laguna seats, sunroofs, and so on, many orders get kicked out of the system, and often the cars just trickle out, plus dealers have to outperform most competing Dodge dealers, to be awarded the privilege to get to sell a Hellcat, so there are multiple ways the output of a specific model can be 'limited' but the car not be deemed a 'limited edition', if that makes sense?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well done! Good explanation. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat