How Dumb Can The Local Dodge Dealer Be?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by sandiego1, Feb 28, 2016.

1. sandiego1

sandiego1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I ordered and received my 2016 Hellcat Charger from my dealer next to my home in Hawaii and had it delivered to my primary home here in Encinitas California. So about 2 weeks ago I get a very strange call from a guy who says he is the lead SRT engineer that needs to take some pictures and he can come to my home or work or I can come to the local dodge dealer in Carlsbad, he says he has been there all week. I call him back and his voice mail if full. it wont even say his name just voice mail is full. So I call the local dealer and give them his name and explain that there is some reason to take pictures of something on my car. I tell them that the guy says he has been out all week looking at 2 or 3 cars then he is flying back. this is the funny part...they girl at the front desk says,"I don't know who that could be." fair enough, I ask to speak to the service manager, 45 minutes later she gets back and tells me the service manager has no idea who the guy is. I ask to speak to the service manager and another long hold time. she says," No, he doesn't need to speak to me!" what the hell is going on. I then start to get a little flustered...I say," I am sorry to bother you with another question, but since the lead engineer is asking to verify and picture something on my new car is it safe to drive?" well, she says," I am sure its fine, but I don't know." at this point I am starting to boil. I demand to talk to the service manager, he gets on the phone and says the same thing she does. so I say," your clearing me to drive my family in a car that the lead engineer might or might not think is safe and you don't want to verify? so can I pick up your kids for school in it too or is it just safe for my family?"
    and then...uh,oh wait let me check it out. I will call you back tomorrow. what a joke of a dealer.

Jackson
    p.s. sorry it was so long it was the welds on the trunk that they need to monitor for the next 2 years. free oil changes for 2 years for the hassle. I just have to send pictures to the SRT group.
    I told them I want nothing to do with the dealer though!

2. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And................?

So the dealer isn't babysitting some "lead engineer", what's the beef? Why are you on here complaining? It's not the dealers job to babysit some shmuck from the mothership. Most of those people you talked to probably had no clue he was there, or no clue what he was there for, nor do they care. It's not their job to care. Service manager, maybe. You're bitching just to *****.

What is this trunk weld two-year monitoring? Never heard about that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At least you found out what was going on and I would have thought some of the same things. As a service manager I would have called SRT myself and then switch to a conference call to get your answers. Good luck and welcome to the family btw. Enjoy your car

4. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll send pictures of anything on my car for free service.... Where do I sign up! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. sandiego1

sandiego1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No the dealership isn't babysitting some lead engineer. the dealer is working with him and didn't even bother to know why or what they were looking at. this is the same dealer who got angry I didn't purchase their Hellcat for 50,000.00 over sticker. But I get the confusion "Mopar Proud." I was referring to the fact that there isn't a lot of communication going on or client care. when a service manager says, "I don't know, you'll be fine." with out checking on something, especially when there is an engineer taking up a whole bay for 3 days, you would think he would ask what is going on. Maybe not. this is why I don't bother to have any input in these forums.
    I was also informing about the weld issue that seems to be a VERY big issue with the Hellcats, but don't worry, I am sure yours or your dads, whom ever car you drive will be fine. No one can make a general response to anything with out getting jumped on about anything.
    GOOD BYE FORUM. LET THE KIDS FIGHT

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciated the information, thank you

7. Hammer Down

Hammer Down Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Find another stealership.

8. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buh bye

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. black06srt8

black06srt8 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well the lead engineer Mark Trostle and majority of them are all here in Michigan so I'm confused lol I would have never even called back

10. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bah, don't let him run you off ... he is that "pleasant" with everyone, so don't take it personally. Some people simply like to be unhappy and try to drag others down with them. Thanks for the weld warning, and I do not blame you for being annoyed with the dealership's service dept.

April