How Is Delivery Made? E.G. Detailing

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by zigga, Feb 5, 2016.

1. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My detailer here says he will give me a flat rate to prep and opti coat my hellcat if I can deliver it to him with all of the protective film still on the car. Does anyone know if the hellcat is delivered to the dealer this way? My dealer says they will keep everything on the car and not prep it at all, but I am concerned that all of the pictures that I have seen there is no film on the car upon delivery. Any help is appreciated.

2. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't waste your money. They will charge you as much as $500 or more for a wax job. You're better off taking it to a good detailer for clay bar, buff polish and wax or get an Xpel job. Don't forget to get clear bra applied ASAP!

3. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I tend to agree but I did both. The car has to be dealer inspected. Fluids checked a whole list of things as I did it with my dealer at deliver. There is nothing on the paint except the piece of foam on each of the doors. It will be fine he is just a little over the top as he wants as few paint issues to correct and they must be before applying either.

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't let the dealer touch your car unless you want some dealer installed swirls and scratches. At your request the dealer usually just leaves it alone and won't remove any of the plastic film.

5. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is getting a full (correct) wash at the detailer, paint corrected as needed, clay bared, Polished and then opti coat pro. I am just wondering is the challenger even has protective film on it when it gets to the dealer as this is what the detailer is assuming. If I can lock in a flat rate and not have to worry about open costs/time to paint correct. I just want to know if the Hellcat even comes with protective film like the detailer thinks it does so that I can continue to negotiate if it doesn't. I don't want to be surprised when/if it doesn't and then left at the T&M mercy of the detailer to paint correct. Thanks for the input guys.

6. zigga

zigga Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The detailer also suggest I drive the hellcat home 500 miles like this haha. The wife is already thrilled!

EDIT: Can't figure out how to upload a picture, but its a car with its front end all painters tapped up.

7. sparrky

sparrky Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmmm...no protection film from manufacturer.:eek: My detailer advised me to not have the dealer touch / wash or wax the car. The detailer wanted to TracWrap the car , if it already had the PPF. On well, let your detailer know about the very minimal protection...shesshh.o_O