How long in order cue before build?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by BlackSunshine, Mar 29, 2016.

1. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi guys. Just curious if anyone knows how long you generally spend in the order cue at SRT before your car gets built? I ordered my HC about 4 weeks ago and I called my dealer to check on a VIN#? They didn't have a VIN so I asked for the VON and they gave me that. I called SRT and gave them the VON. They told me the order has been received and accepted but they have no idea when it will be built. With my SRT they were able to give me exact dates but they said it's harder to predict when a HC will be built and finished due to more rigorous testing. Thanks for any info.

2. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Could be a couple of weeks to a few months. Sit back, relax, and keep reading the active threads to learn more. There is no solid answer to your question. If you have a VON, you will get a car this model year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Black, I know it is hard waiting ... been there, done that! Hang out here with us while you wait, we will help keep you company! :)

April

4. BlackSunshine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ha. Thanks guys I'm not upset or anything I was just seeing if there was any kind of usual timeframe. Though staring at my srt(my trade) in the garage and not being able to drive it is a little tough!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was in D status for 2 weeks....after having an order in for over a year.

6. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My order went in Jan 13 arrived on March 23. Bg status for 3/4 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  7. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My order went in end of January. Actual allocation was instated on March 1st and my car got a real VIN on the 19th. SRT called me twice and updated me. Last I heard it was in D1 status and I've not checked on it recently. My dealer think's it'll be 1st or 2nd week of May. We'll see!

Robert

8. BlackSunshine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck! My dealer said 6-8 weeks from my order date. I'm guessing they were a little off!

9. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

As of today SRT says all parts for my car are in and build should start in a day or two. They say the build goes fast once all parts are in, so I'm expecting to have the car in early May.

Robert

10. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robert they said the same thing to me and two days prior someone other than my case manager told me 8 weeks. Had car in 2. Be careful and only speak to your case manager. Save your case # for reference and his/her name. This will make it easier for you sir

11. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Thanks...I'll keep a close look-out.

Robert

12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I hope you have a short wait, Capt ... it is hard, I know!

April

13. Macman

Macman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did your dealer let you know when their allocation is scheduled for build? I worked with my dealer on ordering in november of 2015. They did not have allocation. Knew they would come in January. On january 12 or 13 the dealer called and said they could place the order and get a VON for a March build. Car sat in BG status until march. D status early March. Moved to D1 on march 19. Now they are telling me to be built in next week or two. Dealer is anticipating delivery in mid april.
    Long story to explain ask your dealer for when their FCA rep told them their allocation is scheduled for build. They should know and be willing to share. Enjoy the wait and read on here about all the things you will need. Congrats.

14. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So the order sheet usually has a build date, how accurate is that normally? Mine was a March build date but still D1. Wonder how that works, maybe the build date is estimated?

15. BlackSunshine

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for this info. They never said anything about a specific build month. All they said was they had 3 allocations for the month of March. Two of them were already sold and I took the third. They said they were getting two more allocations for the month of April if that means anything? When I ordered it they thought 6-8 weeks from my order date but next time I'll talk to them I'll clarify build month.