How long with the tires?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Mcdoogle, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know the question has variables in it that are dependent on driving habit, but in general hoe long can one expect the hellcat's tires to last assuming no significant amount of intentional burnouts, tire spinning, etc?

I'm trying to weigh the costs over the years to see if I really want one or not.

2. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you have to worry about gas, tires or insurance, this car is not for you.;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    this^

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's not that I have to worry, it's about getting perspective really. I'd be going from a Honda Accord to a muscle car (a beast muscle car) and want to get an understanding from those who actually know. It's simply to gauge possible cost and if that is worth it to me (my perceived value), not what I have to worry about.

5. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Brother,

It is a hellcat and has relatively skinny tires, if you drive it like you stole it, no more than a few thousand miles. If you drive like the Honda, probably 20-25K. Once you get one, you will not drive it like your Honda, so I factor new skins between 10,000 to 20,000 miles

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    7000 miles on the PZeroes

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you :)

I've wanted a Challenger for a while now, and really wanted to pull the trigger on a 2015 but couldnt because well, 2015 was a mess for Hellcats :p

I dont think I'd be driving it like a Honda ;) but it's good to have perspective. Thank you guys

8. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    pretty accurate guess I think with semi aggressive driving. I'm on track to hit the 7k mark for new tires. 5500 now.

9. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    9k miles on my summer tires and still a decent amount left. Rotated once at 4k / no extended burnouts, just some brief squeals occassionally.. I think I can get 12k or so if I stay planted...

10. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    im at 10,000 miles on the all seasons with good tread left... rotated at 6700, no burnouts just squeals

11. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Driving it like you stole it waste a lot of money. You can burn them up quick. Age brings wisdom, We have the Big sStick. I have no need to prove it by Roasting Tires, and looking like I have a small stick. If it don't go.... Chrome It . I don't like chrome:p I'm not the Old Man I hated when I was 24ys old. I'll race You a Kick ass When It's safe on the Highway. If it's not Piss off. F/T seems to know the facts :cool:

12. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you enjoy the car driving like a Prius, no problem as long as your are happy, if we are talking about wasting money, well that could take awhile, some would argue the whole car is a waste of money, who needs 700+ HP? I did not buy 700+ not use to it, again just my 2 cents, drive it anyway you like, it is about putting a smile on your face, and that you cannot put a price on. If I have to replace tires every year, I have no problem with that because I enjoy the hell out of it. Age brings wisdom, yes I agree, that is why a drive it like a stole it, exactly what the car was intended for.

13. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PZeros on performance cars last from 2,500 miles to about 15,000. The Hellcat is a heavy, overpowered, under-tired car. Unlike an Accord, you would not want to drive it in the winter with snow tires.............

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just because one might not roast 'em at every light does not mean it's driven like a Prius... there's a wee bit of middle ground in there somewhere...

15. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh I agree, it is a fun car, drive however pleases you, I am just stating that I did not buy the car to save money, save gas, be practical, etc. You can certainly do all of these things, but that is not what the car was intended for. My expression, drive it like you stole is more in the spirit of the car, you can drive like a school bus, a camry, a mini van, a mini, pick up truck, etc., whatever makes you happy. Carpe Diem