SRT Hellcat Forum banner

how many guys on a dealership list for Demon?

15K views 137 replies 33 participants last post by  musclecaraddict 
#1 ·
wondering how many guys or girls in this forum are on a list or inline with their dealership. And what they are requiring. If your first or second. I know most of dealerships will not sell at msrp. But I think some will. So far cheeked again yesterday and we are good to go at msrp. They are going to keep the car there for a week, Parked inside showroom floor. I offered, to help get one and we'll not be sold underneath me.

#3 ·
I thought about it but just cant justify spending the money... I will just put more money in my cat, I would rather have a cat at 1000 hp and people not know it unless they look under the hood or if I drive away really fast ;)

#8 ·
Unfortunately, all or nearly all of that money you dump into engine and "performance" upgrades will void your Hellcat's warranty if something breaks. ;)

So the question becomes: isn't the Demon (at MSRP) the more efficient expenditure of your fun-toy dollars - given what you're getting in "upgraded" performance under the hood that's also fully warrantied - versus hanging it out there on your own dime with a highly-modded Hellcat? o_O :cool:

Reactions: John G.
#5 ·
I just keep checking in, they don't have a list that I'm aware of, nor are they offering any incite on any ADM, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Av62nv
#11 ·
$500 deposit
#1 on the list
MSRP

Bought my Hellcat from same guy at same dealership at MSRP. He is now the sales manager and confirmed MSRP.

#12 ·
Very nice...

#16 ·
$5,000 Deposit
#1 spot at MSRP
Local Dealer where I bought Srt8 Jeep and 2 Vipers

Found another Dealer : $5,000 Deposit MSRP +$1,000
#3 on the list, Probably wont come true, but you never know !

Reactions: Av62nv
#17 ·
Keep in mind what happened when the Hellcat was announced. Many dealers promised MSRP on cars they could not even get. When dealers finally got them very, very few were sold at MSRP.

I hope all those who have deposits get a Demon but history may repeat itself. Many dealers are just money grubbing liars.

#18 ·
Sweet. I'm going to keep a tab on this thread. I want to see how many people post up so I can take a tally of how many Kleenex boxes I have to order and ship to you posters to dry those tears of disappointment when you realize the car is going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder at the dealership. The hurt feelings are going to run deep in this thread...

R.K.

#19 ·
Curious to who's counting cause I am counting about 6-7 so far out of this post. And not many have responded on the forum but maybe it's too early. And that would be great if only a few actually intentd to buy. Which at the end of the day may actually be the story. Just look at the Camaro Z-28, Mustang GT350R, Vipers (Pre notice of stopped production). And yeah there will be an intitial gotta be the first one at any price to have one but over time do as many pony up the big bucks? If the Hellcat is any indication then yes the Demon will be available down the road. Just run the numbers on how many radical MOPAR guys and gals are in the mix. And maybe not as many as some think, as an example run the number of Hellcats built and sold initially and how many are now sitting collecting dust on dealers lots. And as many who know my postings will remember I started the FCA created the "Poor mans Hellcat" with the give away lease deals. Only time will tell which to answer the actual OP question I will sit it out.

#24 ·
Galeana's Van **** Dodge in Detroit has 6 deposits so far. I asked them how they would determine the order of who got the first one etc and the guy said it was pretty much a bidding war come that time. In my opinion it's going to be smaller dealers that are butt hurt over how the allocation plays out. If a dealer the size of GVDD gets 6 it will be even a bigger mess than originally expected. On a side note the 20 year old kid at the center hub of the dealership wearing a Chrysler Academy polo was an arrogant d-bag. I was dressed down and driving a rental vehicle when I went in and he acted as if I had no legitimate means to even discuss buying a Demon.

#26 ·
$5,000 Deposit
#1 spot at MSRP
Local Dealer where I bought Srt8 Jeep and 2 Vipers

Found another Dealer : $5,000 Deposit MSRP +$1,000
#3 on the list, Probably wont come true, but you never know !
Question is, will you buy 2? ;)

#27 ·
I put money down and the dealer where I purchase all my dodges at. I'm really struggling on which car to purchase. I currently have charger and challenger hellcats. My challenger is the limelight and I absolutely love its color! So the question is what would you buy if you had 5 kids and 2 hellcats already? Demon, track hawk or the Durango srt?

#43 ·
#47 ·
First off....Im not buying a Demon ....The cat is all I need and its sublime......
secondly I believe SOME will get an MSRP deal BUT MOST will NOT......There too many looking to buy and not enough to go around .
Your salesman or sales manager or General Manager can't do crap if the OWNERS see a chance for a big hit period.
Example ; My buddy has been number 1 on a list for 2 months with an offer of 5k over msrp . He was informed last week that they are taking bids from the 17 on the LIST of bidders...not buyers....the bid as of yesterday was $15,500 over MSRP......Now they are going back through the list to see if anyone would like to up their bid.
Its all about how bad you want it. I paid 5k over in 2015 . I got my Sublime Hellcat and couldn't be happier .....5k over was $66250......in 2016 list was over 70k so I really didn't do bad for a one time run of Sublime......all in what you want...

#54 ·
I would not. No one knows your circumstances. You could be a dealer or an employee or relative etc. I think my point is many saying they are getting one are likely going to be disappointed. I think many who think they are getting one and without ADM are kidding themselves. Some will get them and some without ADM but I'm betting it's a small minority.

There are likely enough high powered people with close relationships with FCA, and lots of money, that want one, that there may be very few even available to the masses.
I am not affiliated with any dealer or car manufacturer nor is anyone in my family.

Just have an honest and fair dealer and I'm very happy about that.

Reactions: Cockeyed and Av62nv
#55 ·
What sucks about this car is that TRUE loyal customers will not see this car. I spoke to a bunch of dealers and most are keeping them for the owner of the dealership. What Dodge needs to do is the same thing they did in 2003 with the new Viper. I was lucky enough to get one of the certificates back then. You need to be a current owner of a Hellcat and you are put into a lottery system to get a certificate. Then YOU take the certificate to the dealer of your choice to order the car at MSRP. NOT SOME $50,000 ADM like I have heard from some dealers. What a shame to let this car go to waste to greedy dealers...REWARD your current hellcat owners!!! I have my two hellcats and HOPING to add a Demon.

#56 ·
I have the number one spot at my local Dodge dealer. I know the general sales manager, and he promised me that I will have the first opportunity to buy the Demon. HOWEVER, they have not told me how much the dealer mark up will be. He told me some people have offered insane money to buy the car. I know there is not a chance in Hell, (pardon the pun), that I can afford the Demon once they add the mark up. One dealership I know is going to have an auction. Since I am only driving one car right now (2 kids in college), it has to be an everyday driver. I decided to buy the 2018 Challenger Hellcat, Granite clear coat metallic, 8 speed auto, brass monkey wheels, Alcantara seats, red seat belts. The Dodge 2018 order bank opened today, and I placed the order this morning. I hope to hear from the dealership tomorrow that my order was placed. The first place I am going once I get my car is to Ghost Shield and get the 3M clear protective wrap on front half of the car, than get Nitto 555R's, 305/35/20's on rear. I have had many, many cars, and I am soooooooo excited to buy my first Dodge Challenger Hellcat. I will post the pics when I get my Hellcat!

#59 ·
I am a sales manager and work at Dave Smith motors the WORLDS largest dodge,Chrysler,ram, and jeep dealership. If you weren't number one or two by 3 months ago you are not going to get one unless the order personal skates it to you. We sell way below invoice on every rig. I don't wanna burst any bubbles but most stores may not even get one our store is predicting around 3 for the worlds largest and sells the most Chrysler vehicles the world. I read so much about the demon rave and just wanted to let the public know a little the manufacture is really limiting the production and IDE hate to see anyone personally blaming dealers. I know some dealers did some shyfty stuff during the hellcat rave. I instructed my sales team to consult any customer who calls we are not taking deposits on them and to go with the hellcat save the coin for mods. If you have a shyfty dealer I appologize.

#65 ·
I am a sales manager and work at Dave Smith motors the WORLDS largest dodge,Chrysler,ram, and jeep dealership. If you weren't number one or two by 3 months ago you are not going to get one unless the order personal skates it to you.
Interesting, but you're either typing waay too fast or English wasn't your first language (?)

I don't wanna burst any bubbles but most stores may not even get one our store is predicting around 3 for the worlds largest and sells the most Chrysler vehicles the world. I read so much about the demon rave and just wanted to let the public know a little the manufacture is really limiting the production and IDE hate to see anyone personally blaming dealers. I know some dealers did some shyfty stuff during the hellcat rave. I instructed my sales team to consult any customer who calls we are not taking deposits on them and to go with the hellcat save the coin for mods. If you have a shyfty dealer I appologize.
Admirable advice, but there's no doubt a Spell-Check App in your future. Just sayin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.