How many Hellcats are in the 9's

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by X-cesive, Jan 6, 2017.

1. X-cesive

X-cesive Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I have been scrolling through many of the threads that talk about how they are running at the track and I'm curious how many Hellcats are running in the 9's now. From what I have seen, this is a very elite group and even fewer of these are chargers. I have been following Linda and I know that she is now down in 9.7 range but how many of the charger guys (or gals ;)) have actually broken into the 9's?

I was only able to make it out to the 1/4 mile track once this past season and my first time down the track in this car I ran a 10.54 at 131.7 with a DA of around 800 (60 foot of 1.61). This was with Nitto drag radials, 2.85 pulley, DSS drive shaft, and a custom 93 octane tune. I am shooting to better this number early this spring by doing a few things such as the 3.09 gears, MS104 race tune for the track, and doing the 18" slick with a lighter wheel. Hopefully I will also be able to get out when the DA is nice and low, which is much harder to do here in Texas than it would be for the folks up in the northeast. I plan to continue to run my car on the street 99% of the time and I don't plan to go smaller on the pulley. The car is currently putting down right at 762rwhp and 700rwtq corrected after this last round of tweaking the tune and adding the NGK plugs that HHP recommended. I'm not sure if 9's will be doable with this set up but I am going to give it my best shot and see what happens.

Are any of the Hellcats getting into the 9's with the 2.85 without doing the lower ATI pulley or spraying? I just thought I would see what everyone thought...

• Like Like x 1
  2. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, I ran 10.03 with that combination for a week before adding juice, I think Stella ran in the 9.9s with that set up on pump gas.

There may be others in the 9's with that combination, with a good tune and DA you can do high 9's. You may want to consider running E85, much cheaper than MS109 (cheaper than regular unleaded) and you will gain at least 100 more HP.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think there is a thread in the race section!! I'll look!! I'd say close 20+ in the 9's not all are on here!

4. X-cesive

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's encouraging to hear. I considered doing E85 but I want to stick with my stock injectors and I didn't want to run it everyday due to the additional consumption so I will just work with the 104 when I hit the strip. Have you had a chance to track your car on spray? I would love to hear how it does.

5. X-cesive

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Perfect thanks.. I would be very interested to hear. I don't think there are that many chargers running that fast but I could be wrong.

6. PlumTexasCrazy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  7. PlumTexasCrazy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Have a chat with Tim Barth if your going the e85 route!! Barth Tuning on this forum!

• Like Like x 1
  8. PlumTexasCrazy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tim Barth did a charger not to long ago hit 9.58 or close that I think!

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bro,

I ran 9.61 in a bad DA in MSHS event in Virginia (running C16) and broke at Atco twice (firs a half shaft, then ripped the center section out of the subframe) due to switching to E85 and the stock IRS could not handle the additional HP and torque. Between breaking at Atco, I ran a 9.77 on boost only launching in 2nd gear (I could not hook in 1st gear, too much torque due to E85, in hindsight should have pulled a more timing out of it).

I have run q16, c16, MS109, 93 unleaded and E85, for now on, only E85. There are no Cats running faster than the high 9.5's without doing the brake conversion and running 15's with a ford 9 inch in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. X-cesive

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for posting that link PlumTexasCrazy. It would be really interesting to see an actual spreadsheet that showed the times everyone was posting. It would certainly give everyone incentive to knock off the guy above them. For those extra competitive types. Its fun to have goals ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BTW, we are using Injected Engineering for our tunes.

12. X-cesive

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Your car is stout.. sounds like its eating a steady diet of mustangs, corvettes, and small children. I'm trying to make the car as streetable as possible but also make it faster without too much strain (although there is always risk as we know). If I broke the car several times like that I'm sure my wife would kill me (a lot). That's the game we play.. :)

13. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not eating anything, can only run on private events like MSHS, in public events like street night, we get asked to leave (NYCSRT and me) for running too quick. The only NHRA legal Hellcat is TopCat (relatively legal) . Some here have no issues running quicker than 10 seconds, but we do in the northeast area. Just trying to let you know that the track may ask you to slow down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tim@Barth Tuning

Tim@Barth Tuning VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    We went a 9.54 and a 9.58 on 17's. Been a 9.48 and a 9.39 on 15's. All e85 cars. All have 3.09 mopar rears

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  15. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, I stand corrected, no cat has been faster than 9.54 without rear brake conversion. Running the 3.09 mopar rear is a time bomb at those power levels, IMO. Many Cats have already broken it, I learned the hard way.