How many VON's did you have before you got your VIN or car?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Harts, Mar 3, 2015.

?

How many VON's did you have BEFORE you got your VIN

1. 1

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. 2

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Harts

Harts Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, VON;s seem to be an order or place holder until the dealer actually is "given" the allocation. With any luck after the allocation is verified, parts available, eventually a VIN is generated (simplified process) and at some point the car should be built. Myself, I had multiple VON's from multiple dealers. Once I got a VIN I cancelled my other VON, I'm sure the dealer did not pull the order.

BUT, I am curious to see how many others have multiple VON's that may be clogging up the system. Not scientific, and may not really have any effect on anything just curious.

2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My lucky number is 8, so that's what I'm shooting for. lol j/k, only 2 so far. #3 in line at one, #2 in line at the other...hoping the March allocation drops both of those positions! Do what you gotta do. If I wasn't so choosy, I'd of had a HC 3 weeks ago off a lot....I see them listed here every day, just not the color and combo I want...and for this car...that I've waited so long for...I want EXACTLY what I want...period.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One at one honest dealer. Got lucky in early January won the Hellcat Lottery and grabbed a VIN. Built Feb 19. Just visited the wonderful dealer in person yesterday, they are as eager as me to see it. They told me they are flooded with calls every day since people can see the incoming Cats on the Dodge Site and willing to pay OVER MSRP. They shared their status screens with me. It has been a little slow in the rail yards, but the update yesterday showed no holds and problems. We expect it to arrive the week of March 16.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You guys are part of the reason shit is the way it is. So if you had let's say 5 till you got 1 vin so that's 4 cars they think that have orders for. I hope people with more than one vin NEVER get a car.

I bet there is over 2000 fake order now if thoes cars get built and cars sit on the lots makes all of our cars worthless thanks

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you JUST SAID IT YOURSELF How many clogging up the system YOU SIR IS PART OF THE PROBLEM THANKS FOR HELPING CAUSE IT.

BTW i had ONE and received my car, and if everyone just had one things would be way smoother right now.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vinnerman

Vinnerman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    One small dealer in small town. Good friend, one VON just hoping he could get the allocation, he did, now in D waiting for the magic to happen. I am hoping for D1 in the next 30 days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's pretty safe to say the one's with 2 or more VON's are probably customers of BF and Roanoke, and the like.
    The dealers who put in 50-100 or more orders. I'm sure guys who stuck to their local dealers probably don't have multiples.
    Hard to blame them though, when you have no idea what's going on and then FCA makes that blog post last week.
    We want our cars, at a fair price, and we won't stop looking.

8. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I've mentioned this numerous times on other threads and it's been ignored. Many of the people complaining and hating on Tim K and FCA are the ones with 2, 3, 4 or more VONs. YOU are the problem. You've just added a ton of false orders into the system, do you really think the dealer will cancel these when you ask them too? Of course not!!!! They'll keep the car for stock and slap $10k onto it. How do you expect FCA to know which sold orders to build first.

9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    One VON turned into a VIN turned into a spot in the garage. Now garage is full and I need a bigger garage.

10. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lot easier to make this statement with one in the garage. Didn't you brag here you got help from someone high up in Dodge to get yours? After receiving bad advice here to get in in the BF line,
    I sought out a second VON with help from a forum member. Now have a VIN and in D status.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He did get help, but I am an ordinary guy who got only one that worked out. But I did some homework before I choose my dealership. I believe the larger problem is the dealerships who promise something they can't delivery. We are the consumers, after all we go into the dealership and they say no problem sign here what are we suppose to do? Dirtbag car salesman and dealers are the problem not the customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Yes I did. And I would still have one at home if I did not. I placed one order and one only. Right around New Years I was calling dealers to fine one at msrp. I had a back up plan. And a back up of a back up a Z06. It's the peope that placed order after order that are going to make this car worthless. When there are hellcats sitting on lots as leftovers. Thanks again.

Btw I had 2 let me repeat 2 SRT8's bought back under lemon law that I paid for and could not drive because the clutches had no pressure just slipped. Both in shop all summer. So I had no summer car for 2 years I was due.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 70Cuda

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You ought to stick with your dealer unless you can buy two.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :confused: Calm down a whee bit doc :p

15. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Haha I'm fine. It's asscats like the op that helped this problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1