How much pain is the Hellcat costing you?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by jerry green, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, for me it was me selling my 05 Rubicon I have had for 9 years to pay some bills off, my 1969 Charger is for sale also that I have owned since 1986, plus I'm still trying to scrape up a few extra bucks come time she comes in so the payment will be somewhat bearable. This car is really way beyond my means but it just seems like this is a one time deal to get in this car before the fun police says we cannot have a car that has this much power. I am a blue-collar worker in manufacturing that makes decent money with all the OT I work but it still tough to justify this baby looking at my wife and two kids. But I just think in the long run it will be worth it and we can make a lot of memories with her taking her on trips ( if we can afford it lol) and to the local car shows. I guess what I am saying is the wait time is killing me and making me think twice about this car..Dodge,please build my Tor red 6-speed before I lose my mind...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jerry, I feel your pain and have worked out a little justification for you...first, if you were to buy an SUV, it would cost just as much and be 1/4 the fun. If your kids have sports equipment that doesn't fit in the Challenger, transfer them into basketball, volleyball or make friends take them! 2 kids...plenty of room in the back seat. A bonus many don't know, when your car is in park, you can play movies on the stereo...can you say KID FRIENDLY! Also, you have a legacy to pass on to your kids. You will enjoy that commute just a little more in your Hellcat! Your co-workers will be TOTALLY jealous. Finally YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!! Kick a$$ and take names (that way you can hunt them down when you get your Hellcat and blow them off the road! LOL). Hope that helps you...I am here all week.:D BTW- excellent choice on the TorRed 6 speed, great minds think alike!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, Torred guy here too, I'm kinda like jerry, Blue collar worker, should not be thinking about a hellcat, but I bought my wife a new house last year, and I work to give them a nice life, so my wife helped with the down payment on the car, her only clause was, you better not get rid of it... So as I told Tammie about getting a used Cobra, and every weekend putting money into it, Or buying a classic hot rod and worry about someone messing it up, I rather get a factory built muscle car with a warranty, And it helps its kinda fast..

• Like Like x 2
  4. BossHawg

BossHawg Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OP, what are you asking for your 69 Charger?

5. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great responses Tammie and HC1. Jerry, hang in there. I was an O/T who** in my 40’s with two small kids. Sounds like you have a GREAT wife and your dreams with the Hell-kitty involves your family…that is the main thing. Buyer’s remorse? I think we all get it every now and then (especially with the lack of direct communication from Dodge). Do I want a car payment AGAIN ? …..HECK NO!

So Jerry, the positives 1) involved your family 2) on O/T, you will get to drive the Hell-kitty back and forth to work and 3) your wife understands and appreciates your “dream” vehicle. Wait until you overhear your kids playing with their friends say “ yea, but my dad has a Hellcat!

• Like Like x 1
  6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This what my dealer said to me when I was talking about getting a SRT and not a hellcat, He said better you get it and have it Then never get it ,and miss a chance of having it..Worse thing you could do is sell it if its to much...Its a win win..Dont beat yourself up and kick yourself everytime you see one. Get it before the FEDS say no more ...This car could make history.. Its the most talked about car in years, The GT500 never was talked about like this with its 662 HP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RoadwarriorCA

RoadwarriorCA Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HC1 EXACTLY !!!! I luv my 2011 SRT-392 and I was considering the 2015 SRT with all the options...... but once I received it, there will always be the thought "what if".
    Jerry needs to hang there and keep in touch with his new "family" ... this forum....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We are all here to give you that little boost you need to reassure yourself that you mad the right decision going with the hellcat...

9. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good salesman. That is pretty much what I told my salesman. I swear, if he could have affordedit, he would have bought one too!

10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Absolutely RoadWarriorCA! Well said! Jerry, appreciate your supportive family, your Hellcat family and enjoy the heck outta your Hellcat!

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hence the reason were all waiting

12. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I learned over the years that there's two types of buyer remorses one is financial and the other is compromising.

Family comes first cause if you don't have that in order won't much else will make you happy except having a new car. Don't buy any car that you know will cause you financial grief or has the potential to ruin your home life. Also don't ever settle for a car that almost meets your requirements cause you'll always wonder what you could have had. Things like wanting a manual vs automatic or limited color choices isn't a deal breaker for me but things like a sunroof or having can't live without comfort amenities like navigation and bluetooth etc will be.

Anyone can make small sacrifices if the end justifies the means. At the end of the day it's all about what makes you sleep good at night.

707 horsepower sitting in my garage at my beckoning call makes for great dreams whether I'm asleep or awake! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, But waiting on my hellcat makes for a lot of SLeepness nights.

14. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well said Gentlemen!! Hear hear!:)

15. Eddie Nasser

Eddie Nasser Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Too me,,it's only paper,,I don't have any kids,retired from Federal Service,(Dept. Justice), my wife is near retirement, I cashed in all my investments against my Brokers wishes,,don't care! We live in a small home,(800 Sq. Ft.), my Labs, Doxie, Bischon and Cat 2birds,(my kids), have a decent backyard, 3 bay auto shop, I understand Family obligations,,but,,you cant take anything with you, made the plunge,,so far haven't looked back! C'mon SRT!! LOL words from an addict! LOL

• Like Like x 3