How much would you be willing to pay for a Trackhawk?

Discussion in '2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk' started by cereal killer, Feb 23, 2016.

?

How much would you be willing to pay for a Trackhawk?

1. $75,000-$80,000

69 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. $80,000-$85,000

39 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. $85,000-$90,000

21 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. $90,000-$95,000

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. above $95,000 I'm out

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is NOT a poll on what you'd like to pay, but a poll on what you'd be willing to pay once pricing is revealed. We're talking base price here.

You don't have to be in the market for a Trackhawk to vote either. I'm trying to gauge what people feel is a fair asking price for what will be the fastest SUV in the world

2. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know a lot of the members here like this concept, but for me, it's not a place I want to go, so it's a "none" vote for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. stuka1166

stuka1166 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Considering the current SRT Cherokee's are around $65,000...I'd imagine the TH to be at or above $80,000

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 4Nines

4Nines VIP Hellcat Member

It would be nice if the base price started below $70k.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $0.00. I don't need a fast grocery getter/soccer or base ball team hauler. 5 doors, really??

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's my formula, it's not 'techincal', but I feel it's going to be fairly accurate.

A current fully loaded SRT Jeep is $72,000, there's one on a my dealer's lot right now. That puts it about $30k higher than an SRT Challenger/Charger (excluding the Hellcat).

Now you're adding a Hellcat motor, upgraded the damn thing to handle that kind of power, and probably adding one or two amenities not offered in the other Jeeps, you'd have to tack on around $30k.

That puts you over $100,000. However, I don't feel that they're gonna be comfortable with that number, because now you're in Viper territory price-wise. I think they'll cut back on the profits on this one and bring it out between $85k and $92k depending on options.

I would pay up to $90k for it. There's nothing (SUV or otherwise) that will run with it. An AWD launch from a Hellcat powered SUV will toast a lot of cars priced far higher. The only competing SUVs would be the Porsche Cayenne and Tesla X. Both will be priced far above $100k to have the power options to even try to compete... and neither will be able to.

If they can manage to pull all 700hp out of it when they release it, which seems unlikely because rumor is that they've already been forced to de-tune it... I might even consider trading my Hellcat for it. Even if it were 65hp less, it will do 0-60 and 1/4 mile better, the only loss will be at the top end due to gearing. So up to probably 130ish, the Jeep will pull away. At least if the previous generations of SRT Jeep vs SRT Challenger/Charger/Magnum are any indication.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beeman

Beeman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Trackhawk has been a nightmare for the engineers from what i was told at a dealership (news came from their area rep) Transfer cases and AWD components braking down, even though the horsepower and torque numbers have been reduced from the Hellcat motor.
    Personally i would pay $90-$95k Canadian and no more, but we all know the price here in Canada would be closer to $130k with taxes

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $0 great idea but no interest from me. Trucks need to be ready to work and I'm not interested in an SUV.

I bet they sell them faster than they can make them though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MoparBG

MoparBG Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I also thought about this previously and already worked up my prediction. That below from last month when it was confirmed:

2016 GC SRT start at 65k.

The Challenger Hellcat is 26.5% more expensive than the Challenger 392 (base model comparison).

So, if proportional in terms of %, $82,300 would be the MSRP for 2016. Figure a $4k price increase for 2017 model year, we are looking at about $86k MSRP for the base model Trackhawk. Then, whatever dealer ADM and options. I imagine it will be pretty optioned out, but assume I will tack on another $4k in choices, we will easily be at $90k before any taxes.

10. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My loaded Grand Cherokee SRT was over $74k, and it's a 2014, guessing at least a $15k upcharge, putting the new one in $90k+ territory. Not sure I'm all that interested at this moment, might be as detail begin to emerge over the next few months or so.

11. CanuckH3llKat

CanuckH3llKat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The price in Canada is going to be ridiculous. I would trade the Charger for one, but I'm not willing to take a hit on the Charger and then have to add probably another 60K on top. The ADM on this vehicle is going to make what they did with the Chally/Charger ADM look like pocket change!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    this kills me with this vehicle...... is the name ......................... TRACKHAWK????? REALLY not a fan.
    its a Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat.

if your a mopar nut like I am you know what it is BUT if your not a mopar nut then you have NO CLUE what a TRACKHAWK is.

13. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's also a $0 for me. Like some others have said, a Hellcat SUV just doesn't make sense to me. I have to admit though, I'm entertained reading the notes on the Trackhawk. Rumors abound.

14. DASMOPAR

DASMOPAR Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have a 2014 GC SRT and its an awesome truck. I think the price will come in at $90 and I would pay that. With all the additional engineering, I can't see it coming in less than that. .........and as mentioned, there would be nothing in its class! I only hope they keep the tow capability. That would be a deal breaker for me.

15. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    agree with above "trackhawk" is kinda lame.
    An SRT Cherokee with the supercharged 6.2 liter engine is not lame.
    I don't call my car a Hellcat most of the time, I call it a Challenger,
    Trackhawk is better name than Rumblebee I guess and a heck of a lot better than fords "raptor" so its an improvement
    I'd buy this way before buying a charger, at least the four doors seem more usable. also fold down seats and a hatch are awesome!
    It's one heck of a rig if they can nail it down. I thought guys were tuning SRT8 Cherokees up to 700HP already?
    Is durability the issue for Chrysler?
    That being said if I was in the market 75,000 sticker doesn't seem unrealistic.