How One Dealership Treats Hellcats Under Work

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Aug 25, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gorey for some users, This hellcat belongs to someone and is awaiting engine replacement (warranty), Want to see how its kept while its been there for 2 weeks now?

Yeah, Thats a 60-65k car surrounded by junk covered in dust.

Dealer is located north of NYC.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm blind now ugh

3. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Better to collect dust than dents or scratches from foot traffic. Dust can wash off. Those boxes are a bit too close though, especially that one that looks like it's about to fall over.

4. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And....how are they supposed to keep it?? Wrap it in a felt blanket, surrounded by bubble wrap, and placed inside a heated and cooled concrete bunker so as to not get a bit of dust on it?? And god forbid a box that won't do a lick of damage sitting a good three feet behind it....oh the horror!!:eek:

Jesus, it's a friggin' CAR!! I've never seen a more uptight group than what is on this forum. Holy cow.

Shop space is at a premium. No, sorry, they aren't going to add a climate controlled room onto the shop for your little Hellcat. They did fine by putting it inside, it COULD be sitting out in the weather, but it's not.

I just have to shake my head.....

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are correct but to some it's more then a car I've waited since 1984 to replace my first challenger and will pamper the shit out of it as long as I can
    Believe me I hope car came in looking close to that as I'd be pissed it's thrown in a corner and looks like that after being there
    I guess if mine goes to dealer and is going to be there a while I'll leave them my car cover
    Ron

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While I would not be pleased by the boxes so close to my car, at least the car is not outside baking in the summer sun. It is inside the shop, where it is locked up securely every night. The shops are a dirty, dusty place ... it is going to get some dust. It made me sad to see the HC all dirty and stored too close to things that could fall against it and scratch it up, but I am also not outraged. If it was my car I would ask them, very nicely and respectfully, to please move some of those boxes further away, while I handed them a huge box of homemade Red Velvet Brownies, with Cream Cheese frosting swirled through them. I mean, come on ... who can say no to that??? :)

April

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kaneda

Kaneda BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Seriously guys...these are Dodge Hellcats, not Ferarri Enzo's. And those boxes are nowhere near the car and last time I checked cardboard doesn't dent plastic.

Also, if this car needs an engine replacement, I'd say the owner was treating it a lot worse than the dealership.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    upload the picture! linking to photobucket or any other picture sharing site means I cant see it since its blocked at work

9. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's 70 grand of someone's hard earned cash being treated like garbage. A lot of folks here bought it for collector value. If it were just a car everyone would have one, including yourself. 900 folks had their order cancelled this year, keep acting like you can just run down to Wal-Mart and pick one up. Is it too much to expect a dealer to treat customers of their premium products like vip's? Most of us have been buying the latest greatest premium products SRT and FCA have to offer for years. My guess is you've never owned a premium vehicle or have experience with cars of similar value. Acting like this car is properly stored and you see no issue is obnoxiously asinine.

How much skin do you have in this game? I'm assuming you've bought a HC now? It'd sure make your opinion on the matter more relevant.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Guess I'm blessed you can eat off the floors where my car's serviced. I'd want the option to cover it of this was the only resort. Dealers don't wash my car. I wouldn't want it worked on in that condition (with all that dust) my tech wouldn't want that either. But that could be the case here too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree the storage space could be a little cleaner, and I'm fortunate that I get VIP treatment when I go for service. That being said, garage space is at a premium and it isn't the only car they are working on. At least it's stored inside out of the elements. I wouldn't get myself in a panic over it. As long as it's pristine when I pick up.

12. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's sitting on a lift, put it in the air. Have you paid for CQuartz or paint correction? Do you think the dealer would shell out 1000-1500 to have it re-done if that tool cart made contact with the bumper? No one is panicking, we are simply pointing out terrible judgment being exercised by the dealer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It never cease to amaze me how much bullshit some will take.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Sjbeckman01

Sjbeckman01 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I drive an hour to go to a dealer that treats me as a vip. Today I started my car and a problem occurred, putting it in limp mode and gave me a p2227 diagnostic code. I called the nearest dealer and they told me to call to schedule appointment. I called the dealer an hour away and I got shop foreman on phone and when my car got there by tow truck they looked at it right away. I don't expect vip treatment, it's just how they treat EVERYONE! That is the mark of a great dealer!!!! The got it fixed right away (took an hour). If they wouldn't have been able to I would have been put in a loaner and I would have gladly left my car there and trust them totally!!!

Anyone around Fort Myers Florida, Galeana Chrysler Dodge. Ask for Jim Emrick. They are awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Galeana, there is one of those in Michigan, I have bought car from them