*How to reset oil life in cluster*

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by frank358fr, Mar 15, 2016.

1. frank358fr

frank358fr Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi folks,
    I replace the oil in my hellcat and I did not find where I can reset the oil life in the car? Can someone tell me how to reset the oil life in the car(cluster/uconnect).

Best regards

2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In years past, you'd put the ignition into Run mode (not on) and depress the accelerator 3 times quickly and then shut off the ignition.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    upload_2016-3-15_14-53-26.png

• Useful Useful x 3
  4. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From the owners manual:

To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.

Vehicles Equipped With Keyless Enter-N-Go

1. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

2. Fully push the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times within 10 seconds.

3. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.
    NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

Secondary Method Of Navigating To The Oil Life Screen In The DID And Holding OK

Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the DID for five seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style.

Use the steering wheel DID controls for the following procedure(s):

1. Without pushing the brake pedal, place the ignition in the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

1. Push and release the DOWN arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”

2. Push and release the RIGHT arrow button to access the ”Oil Life” screen.

3. Push and hold the OK button to rest oil life. If conditions are met, the gauge and numeric display will update to show 100%. If conditions are not met a popup message of To reset oil life engine must be off with ignition in runwill be displayed (for 5 seconds), and the user will remain at the Oil Life screen.

4. Push and release the DOWN or UP arrow button to exit the submenu screen.
    NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. frank358fr

frank358fr Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Got it. Much appreciated!