Howdy from another forum newb...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by schv, May 20, 2015.

1. schv

schv SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been a Mopar guy all my life, although I do like other American musclecars (that other people own... LOL) I drag raced and restored late `60's and early `70's Mopars for over 25 years, until it got to a point that it was just too expensive and the good cars were completely out of reach for me. I got out of the hobby in the late 1990's and sold pretty much everything but my tools. Guess I should have kept at least one car... When Dodge announced the new Challenger back in `07 or so, I was sure they would gradually increase performance so i decided to wait. A Chrysler rep at the Carlisle Mopar show in `07 told me that plans were afoot to offer an aluminum block 7L (426ci) version in the near future. Now, 8 years later, I was just about to give up and "settle" for a 392 SRT when the Hellcat was unveiled. Of course, right then I didn't have my financial ducks in a row to run right out and order a $70kish toy car and by the time I did they had suspended orders. So, I now have a very healthy down payment and am waiting for my dealer to call me and say "it's time". Mine will be automatic, aluminum hood, and brown leather, still trying to decided between TorRed and that awesome green.. I need to see a green one in person. These are the good old days! (at least in terms of muscle cars)...

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and yes these are the good old days. Redline red is a good color also

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for dropping in!

4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

April

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the group. Lots of good info here. Hopefully you know that Sublime is gone after 2015, so Redline may be your best bet for 2016. Good luck and glad you're with us.