I bought a Hellcat today...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by irongame, Aug 23, 2014.

1. irongame

irongame Hellcat Member

Hi all. My name is David (forum name is irongame) As the title states. I ordered a Hellcat :)

I was torn between buying a GT 500 or a ZL-1, but my uncle (who is a big time Mopar head) told me about the upcoming SRT Hellcat Challenger a couple of months ago - which I immediately checked out.... Like the ZL-1 it has that Sleeper quality I love (I also own a 1971 Maverick Grabber with a monster Coyote Aluminator engine - awesome sleeper). After a week of sleepless nights deciding on a color lol I went with the Granite Crystal after checking out all the available colors on other Dodge vehicles. That dark Grey is amazing in daylight or at night. I also checked off on all available options (there weren't many) including the Black-Satin hood... Performance leather seats... Red seat-belts... larger Navigation unit and screen.... engine block Warmer lol (which living here in the San Francisco Bay Area is totally unnecessary)... and a Sun-Roof (which I did not really want) but what the hell lol That was it on the options so mine will be fully loaded.

The sales manager stated that they should be arriving in December or January (I can't wait!) She also stated she has sold 2 other SRT Hellcat Challengers and one SRT Charger with the Hellcat engine. She also said that they have given everyone that works there (salespersons - detailers - and even the managers) warning and notice that NO one is allowed to drive any of the Hellcats. They will drop them from the delivery truck into the garage where they will be gassed-up and washed/detailed and left right where they stand until we can pick them up. Awesome!

I live in Marin County (11 miles north of San Francisco), I run and own a family seafood business at Fisherman's Wharf (est. 1908). If anyone lives near me and wants to meet to check out my Hellcat, maybe go for a ride, or even give it a spin yourself. Post here and let me know. I put $50,000 down and and will pay the balance over a year or so. I expect after all the options I checked off on - the crazy high California taxes (including registering it), Gas guzzler taxes, and the Federal Luxury tax - my bill be about $76,000 total.

Am I crazy or what? lol Let me know what you think or share any ideas or tips about maybe customizing it a little more (maybe a Hellcat emblem air-brushed on the rear quarter panels or even on the hood)? Or maybe I should just stick with the minimalist Sleeper quality it already has. I figured the Blacked out hood coupled with the very wicked sounding tuned exhaust will tip-off any gear head worth there salt as to what this monster truly is.

Thanx :cool:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice!!! Congratulations David!! You picked a killer color and with that hood and wheels she is going to be awesome. I don't care what anyone says a fully loaded SRT Hellcat is a steal. Good job. You better post day 1 pics too :)

Welcome aboard!

3. irongame

irongame Hellcat Member

Thanx CK. I was pleasantly surprised to find this site. I will definitely be a regular and post all kinds of pics (including day 1 being picked up at the dealer photos) Realistically I will not drive it to much (maybe a 2,000 miles a year) It will not go out in any kind bad weather or even rain, and I will not drive it at night.

I'm glad you dig the color and Blacked out hood option I chose. Choosing the color was hardest part in buying the beast lol I really liked all the color options but there is just something about the Granite Pearl that enhances the sleeper quality I want to create. Plus the red accents against the dark Granite is rather sweet looking. I chose the Black and Greyish Silver Nappa/Alcantara suede and leather Hi-Performance seats with the red seat-belts (for more red on grey contrast) Plus the Black and grey/silver matches the wheels and paint perfectly. Definitely not the flashiest way I could have gone, but wicked;y understated none the less. I will definitely be adding some air-brushed Hellcat logo's (done in the same red as the brake calipers) to the rear quarter-panels down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your build just keeps getting better and better. Totally on board with this package....thumbs up!

5. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Hellcat Member

irongame, thats a bad ass ride you're talking about. i def want to see pics when u pick her up!

6. dasCat

dasCat SRT Hellcat Admin

Hey David, Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the Hellcat, can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get some time behind the wheel.

7. Stefano Rizzotto

Stefano Rizzotto Rookie

You order one? I went to my dealer and they told me dodge has not open the order banks for the dodge challenger hellcat as of 30 September. Has anyone else ordered one?

8. Blown Srt 10

Blown Srt 10 Rookie

My Dodge dealer, which i have purchased a few other cars from for work and pleasure, who has the same owner as the BMW, Porsche and Ford dealer in the same town, where I have purchased multiple cars from in the past 10 years, and I'm paying in cash, told me yesterday that I can't order one for at least a month.
    Please list the name of the dealer you are buying from.
    I'll order a Hellcat instantly.

9. Mopurr

Mopurr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Correct, the order banks have not opened for the Hellcat so nobody has actually placed an order at this point. But, that shouldn't stop you from finding a dealer who will negotiate a final sale price that you’re comfortable with & accept your deposit.

When I called my sales-rep Friday morning for my weekly update, he mentioned that Dodge sent out a e-mail to the dealers during the week announcing that it will be requiring them to submit a signed order/purchase agreement, proof of deposit & copy of a driver’s license for the buyer of each Hellcat that they place an order for. When I negotiated my MSRP deal a little over a month ago, we took care of all requirements at that time so all I have to do is wait at this point.

Also, this saved me from having to pay a ADM back in 2006 for my 2007 GT500, make sure you get a receipt for your deposit & copies of everything you sign & keep them in a safe place just in case…

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  10. irongame

irongame Hellcat Member

That's exactly what they did for me as well. I gave a hefty deposit (the check has already been cashed), a copy of my drivers license and a signed sales order/purchase notification agreement. And from what I read out of the mouth of Dodge's CEO (Tim K.) - "We are going to fill everyone's order for both the Hellcat Challenger and Charger, no matter the number" everyone that orders one will get one.... It would have been nice if they limited the number of vehicles being made, but at least I know I will be getting mine. He think's they will sell around 800 Hellcat Challengers and slightly less Hellcat Chargers for 2015.

11. Mopurr

Mopurr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool David, you're set!

Do you own/run Guardino's on the wharf? I've eaten there many times when I've been out to the city, the food is outstanding!

12. Dobjr1

Dobjr1 Rookie

13. Dobjr1

Dobjr1 Rookie

I was not only told I can't order one but that it's just not available. I'm really shocked to hear that anyone was able to get locked in on one already. I think someone is dreaming. I have a very good friend who owns a dealership as well and he told me dealers have told them they will pay him $25k over sticker if he gets one. Unfortunately he does not think he is getting one. Has anyone else heard that this car is going to be marked up at least $25k from chryslers price?

14. irongame

irongame Hellcat Member

That is indeed me. I am the 4rth generation to own and run the business. My great grandfather started it in 1908 (the very first seafood business on the wharf) There was a harbor (called Italian Harbor) and a horse stable across the street, that's it. Most of the other seafood markets and restaurants came around in the 20's and 30's

15. Mopurr

Mopurr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    David,

It's a small world indeed! I'll let you know next time I'm going to be making the trip out from PA & stop by to see you. Just thinking about the crabs & chowder is making me hungry :).

Rocco