SRT Hellcat Forum banner

I did not know I could do that!

15K views 92 replies 31 participants last post by  BAD HEMI 
#1 ·
With these highly evolved cars with tons gadgets, there are always surprises with what our cats can do.

As I am very new to the hellcat, my question is pretty self explanatory: what did you find that the Hellcat can do that is cool?

#5 ·
That you can set the drive modes you like under Custom, then hit the SRT button twice to go straight to your custom mode.

Reactions: blu6dot2
#9 ·
You don't have to stab on the gas like those other wannabe fart cans to get noticed. The cat warrants attention wherever it goes. You could go out for an innocuous cruise and stand out among the herd without trying too hard.

The cat knows how to mark it's territory. Lol

#15 ·
This is why I love threads like this. I have had my car almost a year and I am still learning new things. I had to make a run to the grocery store just to try this out. Sure enough, it really works.

#17 ·
This is a tiny thing, but I really like it. When I first got the car I noticed the interior lights (dash and uconnect screen) were too bright at night. It bugged me and didn't help my night vision. If you look at the 2 vertical jog dials to the left of the steering column, the left one is for the interior (on the 16 charger anyway). If you roll it ALL the way up, then go down 2 clicks, it will dim the internal lights at night, but automatically brighten them during the day. Ever since I figured that out I have never had to fiddle with the lights again, it is always just right.

#32 ·
Correct the ambient lighting (floor etc ) gets adjusted. You would only notice It, when it's really dark.

#51 · (Edited)
When I was finally able to take a short trip in the Hellcat, I started to notice the small things.

This included noticing that the some of the UConnect icons are not necessarily static.

Before noticing that the 'Climate' icon displays the fan speed, I would periodically change the fan speed to determine the current setting... which just takes a glance at the display now. That discovery has made me pay more attention to the behavior of the icons. We have all come to expect a little extra communication from the cell phone icon in late model vehicles, but the extra info communicated by some of the other icons is a nice touch. Other examples include the compass direction display on the 'Nav' button and the glow behind the 'Heated Wheel' button when switched on (which I pulled that one down to the main set of icons, since I use it frequently and we do not have a hard button for that feature).

I'm sure there's more... but now I'm looking for that sort of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.