I didn't like the black rims, so here's what I did.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Wheels and Tires' started by Hellboy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never liked black rims. In my mind black rims meant you lost a hubcap. It wasn't that hard. And it was pretty inexpensive, a little over $100 to do all 4 rims. And I can always peel them off later if I change my mind. 20160603_143145.jpg
    I contacted vinylimagination and told them what I wanted to do and here's what Simon came back with. A set of decals I could install without even dismounting the tires.
    image011.jpg
    I was on the fence about purple or reflective silver. But when they sent me the color chart the purple was exact match for plum crazy, even down to the amount of metallic.
    20160416_114440.jpg
    I think it's subtle but it brings the whole car together in my opinion.
    20160528_110844.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. prplmopar

prplmopar Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love your idea and it's outcome. I agree that the all black rims are a bit boaring on a PCP and lack imagination. Not saying I don't like the rims, just that they don't really dress up a darker color car and lack contrast. Your fix at least causes your eye to be drawn to the difference. Nice job!

I would love to have rims made at some point that include purple as an accent over brushed aluminum so that thay are the first thing seen. Noticing it's a hellcat would be second. :D

3. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pretty cool upgrade right there!! Really adds some Pop to the wheels.....seems reasonably priced and best part....easily reversible. Win...Win..Win

Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How the hell did you do that outer ring without screwing it all up? Omg i would need to order at least a dozen of those because id be ruining such a small thin decal. Even just handling it before laying it on there i know id ruin it lol. Looks great though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Hellboy

Hellboy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Believe me. I didn't get them perfect. But I seem to be the only one that it bothers. I got some Bubbles and creases on them here and there. But the last one looks better than the first one I did. And if I ever do it again I think I got the technique down now :)