I finally laid down the law with my dealer...VON 32433651

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by jerry green, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, after not a particular great day at the plant I text my sales guy for my weekly status report.He says he has no idea on status...same reply he mostly has given me for the last 12 weeks ( order date 9/27/14) ...something just made me say you know what? I got to just let him know what I think, especially knowing that he told me their 1st order is in D1 status because that customer calls everyday on it and 'ole Jerry's Tor red 6M car is still in BX status because I am too nice.. I told him that somebody there needs to level with me on allocation and if they can even get me my car. I said I need a VIN by X-Mas or I'm canceling this order, taking the dough I got selling my Rubicon and 69 Charger and buying me a new Mustang GT and be done with it.It just blows not knowing if we will even ever get picked up by Dodge. I'm getting mad now just typing this post...anyway, if anybody at Dodge watches this forum please understand I will love Mopar forever and I sacrificed a lot to afford to pay for this car and dammit I want this car but waiting in VON is just ridiculous. I only ordered NAV and engine block heater extra so it can't be held up due to unavailable parts can it? I am just a simple country boy from Va that has been a motor head since I was born and I just think I should be hearing something by now...if I get a VIN then I can chill for at least a few months longer..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i feel your pain, hang in there...i have a feeling we are all gonna get lucky this next round..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. darin skelly

darin skelly Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also if you are listening, if you take our orders and the dealers hold our money , and corporate dodge assigns a Von we should know we are getting a car and an estimate of when. If you are full or can't meet demand stop taking our orders, money, and stop assigning a Von !!!!!!! Please treat us with respect when we are buying a $65k car!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what I've read since I have been on this forum, there should be another 2500 to 3500 VON's waiting to get to VIN's. I would think the earlier your
    order date, the likelier you are to get your VIN this go round. I came late to the game (10/28) and DO NOT expect a VIN this time around. FWIW

• Like Like x 1
  5. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    But is it order date? Or could I have ordered earlier then someone else and dealer not get allocation? What is the priority?

6. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    im guessing but... VIP #1, Allocation #2, Open Sales order date #3

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would stink that VIPs and a dealers status would determine if I get lowest priority. Should be when you order and get a VIN.

8. CU89

CU89 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hang in there my brother. For what it is worth, I have a feeling you will be getting your VIN soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have to remember it isn't Dodge taking your money for a deposit... It's the dealer. Dodge gets none of that. For some people that put an order in on day 1, they might not get a VIN until late spring/early summer. So you can call and cry until the cows come home but the dealer can't do anything until he gets an allocation

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. darin skelly

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Argh!

11. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am so with you Jerry. The least someone from Chrysler could do is acknowledge that we have orders in. They should not fill any dealer showroom orders while customers with money down don't have VIN's. My order went in 9/25 and the only info I ever get is from this forum. Thank God for ResumeSpeed. If we didn't have him, we wouldn't know anything. How tough would be to send emails to people in different status? Maybe they don't fill any dealer orders and I am talking out my ass, but the lack of customer care is ridiculous. My wife ordered some godamn pine cones for centerpieces and got an order acknowledegement and a status email. Really Dodge? Really?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This sounds reasonable to me. I hate dealers who mess with us because we supposedly don't know any better and have to take it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know you have been waiting longer than most. I am glad to see your positive attitude, Abe. You give me hope. Ijust wonder why we as customers, have to try to guess which dealers are going to get the next allocation. We don't have any clue how many Darts or Caravans they sold last quarter! I am terrible at guessing stuff like that. I haven't won the lotto yet!:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HA, you should see what i edit out :) Yea, the allocation process is pointless and a failure if the buyers dont know which Dealers have the golden allocations.. lets face it, no body wants to wait till sometime next year if they can have their magical Hellcat now.. maybe straight up open sales are the answer? i dunno.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    screw the dealers, straight up open sales directly from Dodge is the answer. I'd love to build my car on Dodge.com, enter my financing, click submit and pretend it's like ordering from Amazon. I don't need a sleezy dealer trying to scam me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4