I FINALLY own a Hellcat!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by srtfan, Jul 16, 2015.

1. srtfan

srtfan SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know many people still haven't received their vin, and that's frustrating. I didn't order last year when banks opened because I was certain I was buying a Viper instead. Then in January my wife confided in me she is scared of the Viper... so we agreed a Hellcat would be better all around.

I had hoped for a Viper and then a Hellcat as it was, so perhaps a Hellcat and down the road... a Viper... we'll see if I manage to work that one out. No need to own both but we don't have any kids so I might as well have car payments. :cool:

I ordered Feb 23, 2015. I didn't expect to get a VIN within a year, especially after hearing the stories of those still without VIN that ordered last July/August. It was more of a... well, I'd best get my place in line.

In June (4th) my dealer called me and told me my car had been assigned a VIN and was scheduled for build. I asked how long it would take because I wanted to save a smuch as I could for a down payment. I was told it would probably take 60-90 days before arrival.

My hellcat was built and released from plant June 24th, then put on board a railcar and shipped across Canada to the West Coast of Canada, British Columbia. I was told probably July 17th for delivery which was much faster than expected.

The car arrived Wednesday July 15th. So 41 days after VIN assigned, my car is in my hands.

In Canada it's a lottery system i am told for who gets a Challenger and when. Dealer's that have met their quotas for their area are given tickets basically, and then the rep picks or something.. not sure. RS would know better.

All I know..

IT'S HERE.

[​IMG]

The truck showed up two days ahead of schedule so nobody was ready with camera, and I don't live close enough to have caught it. I did check for scrapes on the underside of the front air dam... none, so that's good. Not even the yellow guards were scratched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked if I could go in the back and do the PDI with the mechanic that has worked on our other SRT's. This is the fourth vehicle we've bought from the dealership within 2 years so they like us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brampton Builder and I talked and he agreed to sign my car.. but I had no idea where. Left valve cover... remove that and there's his sig!

[​IMG]

Thanks buddy, awesome touch!

So now comes the break in period. :rolleyes:

I have seen many ignore the break in period, do donuts, burnouts etc.. I'm not old (40's) but I'm also not so young that I have no respect for a differential or allowing it to set properly. The next 500 miles will be hard, but I'll do them.

I am stunned with how driving this car makes you feel. No joke, you're a f*cking rock star in this thing. Most people still don't know what it is, and yeah, I've already had a... "Is that a Dodge Wildcat?" comment. I was caught off guard, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

I've already put 171km on the car in about 4 hours of driving it here and there. (106 miles). So I am out of the first phase of break in, now into the second. This car just WANTS to be driven. There are some decent twisties near my place, I was curious how it would roll through them, I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, you can feel the weight but not anywhere near what I expected. I can't wait to be able to turn some power through the corners.

[​IMG]

They did PDI at the dealership but I didn't allow them to do the wash bay stuff. That said, I am going back tomorrow to have the shipping sticker removed (has vin and KZ status written on it with a yellow dot), have the markings taken off the wheels, lower valences etc. I'm not letting them wash the outside, or the hood. There are water spots so I need to figure out how to clean this thing tomorrow.

I'll be adding a dash cam (BlackVue DR650GW-2CH WIFI) shortly, alongside a valentine one install, both hardwired. I picked up some other things that have not shipped yet but I'll document installation as well as experiences with those as well.

I plan on adding a lot of photos/videos to this thread.. so if you're still waiting for your Cat, hopefully I can make it better. Ask anything you don't know yet, or if you need/want photos of anything and I can help, I'm happy to.

Thanks for reading and a special thank you to Resume Speed for the amazing work keeping me in the loop through the process.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 10
  2. f6fbc2015

f6fbc2015 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats. I am at Burnaby bc. What about u ?? Maybe we can gather the hellcat owner as much as we can to make a hellcat day.

Ps. Did u order the black hood??? My dealer did not allow me order in that time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the car.. looks very nice with the black hood

• Like Like x 1
  4. srtfan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in Central Okanagan, near Kelowna. I ordered the black satin hood when I ordered, yes. I was worried it'd stop my order but it went through.

thanks man, it sure turns heads!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on your Hellcat! I can tell how excited you are as I felt the same when I got mine (it came 2 days early as well).

I love the color! Enjoy it in good health!

• Like Like x 1
  6. srtfan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thanks man! I can see this car only getting better.

7. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NICE car! I like that black hood and wish my white car had one! Good feeling owning that thing is it not? Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice car and it comes with the ultimate BB sig;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great write-up. Waiting since sept and just got a vin. I think the black hood makes the look of the car, looks great on white.

You insisted that the dealer not wash it. Wondering why?

10. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on getting your car so quickly! Love the white with black hood, looks sharp!

I have a black hood, just needs special care. I bought the Matte paint kit from Dr Beasley's and its worked great just FYI

11. CarDude

CarDude Old Dadda

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!

12. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! She's a beauty. So you wife is scared of the Viper? Well, she will be absolutely terrified of the Hellcat, just wait.:D

13. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats & nice color choice! Had the black hood on my original 11-10-2014 order but dropped it when they could not figure out how to paint hoods in Michigan for a while. It looks great, but I don't regret the white hood now that I own one. Looks good either way. The black does jazz it up but the white gives the car that sleeper look I always liked!

Have fun & keep the shiny side up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on getting your car. Like the black hood.:D

15. HellDoc

HellDoc The Doctor is IN!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the family, Beautiful Cat!