I give up... my last post

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ncarter124, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ncarter124

ncarter124 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry guys and gals, I cannot do this anymore. I'm 90% sure I am going the BMW M3 route and taking delivery in Munich next year. Between the dealer greed, lies, Dodge not caring about their customers in several aspects, and so on... I am done. I am also selling my 2014 Wrangler and will never buy a Mopar again. I wish I wasn't saying it but attempting to buy a Hellcat made me more depressed than anything, and I went through it for months... for my own health and sanity I cannot do it anymore. I just can't.

I don't know or care of anyone at FCA monitors these forums, but if they are, let it be known I wanted to become a loyal and life-long customer to FCA and Mopar... that is no more. I have owned Ford, Chevy (x5), Jeep, Scion, Honda (x3), Nissan (x4), Kia, Geo, Mazda, and so on...and have NEVER been treated like this, and from several dealers I might add. In short I have enjoyed my Jeep but unfortunately it is both my first and last Mopar product entirely because of the Hellcat situation. When dealers have $20k ADM's all over the country it is clear that all they care about is money, not putting cars into the driveways of people that support them, and worst of all it is BLATANTLY apparently that FCA DOES...NOT...CARE.

Sorry for the rant, I've had fun on this forum and I wish you all the very best. Enjoy the Hellcat life that will never be for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please don't give up, I felt the same way last December , The hellcat is worth the wait,, Just ask anyone,,,there are cars to be had in the states, but you need to do your home work,, search everyday, my dealer called me today about a sublime auto for 68K, two hours later it was sold... car is coming in a few weeks...Parkway dodge in Michigan has a white charger hellcat.. There out there, just have to really look... plus banks open I think next month for cars again

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hollywood

Hollywood Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    where you attempting to by a challenger or charger?

4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rollracing

rollracing Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm almost there too. I've been on order since the beginning. Big deposit, letter to fca, whole nine yards. Even got several performance items sittin in the garage waitin. But like u I'm almost over it

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The car is worth the wait... You may not see it now, but once you see your car for the first time and start it. all this waiting will be forgotten

• Like Like x 1
  7. jayp

jayp Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Theres a thread with them on here for msrp...are in von hell???..did u put a deposit down..???

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am so sorry to see you go, but I do understand your outrage and frustration. Take care in all you do, and enjoy whatever car you end up in!

April

9. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    *sniff sniff*

Come on....this ain't Kindiegarten.....having troubles getting a high-demand car so going to sell your Jeep? Hell of a tantrum. Might be time to mature a little bit.....

Sucks for the wait, I'm sure it's aggravating. Save the kiddie reaction for the kiddies, you're supposed to be an adult.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Help me understand... So I see several people that the ordered Hellcat never arrived such as ncarter124 (OP) .

My 1st question is (in general) how much deposit did you put down on these cars back in 2014 early 2015? What legal agreement did you have with your dealer about delivery time, refunds, etc? I guess what Im asking is can you get your deposit back? If the answer is yes why did you not try a bit harder to find one through other channels?

My regular ( I am a past customer) Dodge Ram dealer told me I simply would not get a Hellcat when I called him last year. I received that incredible Charger / Challenger issue of Autoweek a few months back and that was it, I just had to have a Hellcat! I emailed my dealer (sales manager) again in May 2015 and was the same story, "you won't get one".

I decided that day I would get one! And not at $15K over...I searched the Dodge site inventory and made a few calls. With-in 1- 2 hrs I had placed a $500 deposit via credit card on a soon to be arriving cat and received it 3 weeks later, 100 miles from my home and paid just a few $100 over MSRP.

Thing is after 2 weeks I was calling other dealers looking for a plan B just in case I ran into delivery issues. My thought was I may walk on my $500 deposit or call my credit card IF things got crazy with my dealer or I would have simply purchased the 1st car that arrived and put the 2nd one on eBay or something but that day my dealer gave me a vin# and I was all good but the thing is, I always had options. I was getting a Hellcat!

I was able to find the exact car, color. ( White the fastest) everything I would have ordered except I could not get the Brass Monkey wheels and it had the summer tires that I did not want to pay the extra $395. Thing is, I was flexible in that I only had a few colors I did not want, you know, those slow colors.

My point is if you are not tied into some kinda open ended order "thing" with your dealer...Start looking, calling around. So you don't get the exact car you ordered you may find something just as good.

All I know is I was getting a Hellcat! Start to finish I had my car in 3 weeks and had a wonderful buying experience.
    “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMG950557.jpg I agree with everything you just said, cars can be found and bought, if you want something bad enough, you will find it, just have to look... And BTW, please don't listen to anyone on this forum claiming there color car is the fastest.. The only fast color car is the Torred Challenger hellcat with the A8... Just like at the top of the website....Just like the one in the picture to the left......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is true. If you really want your Hellcat then get off your back sides and do something about it. Search Dodge inventory, email dealers, call dealers. You'll find one if you are patient. I found my exact spec car at MSRP. Don't give up these are way to good to miss out on

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Abandoning an entire line of cars because you can't get a Hellcat is silly...

Trust me, I feel for everyone that is still waiting... I nearly gave up myself. Everyone wants one. There must be a reason for that, don't ya think?

If you have an order with a dealer, keep that going and start making some calls. If they have a $10k ADM (Autotrader, eBay, Cars.com), give them your number and let them know when they are ready to sell at MSRP or with a $2k ADM. Many have done this and have been successful.

If you decide to move on from Mopar, please don't come back and tell us how fast your M3 is. We'll all feel real sorry for you then.

Oh, :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What wheels are those? They will look great on my Granite Charger when it comes in next summer..... I love that old school look. By the way, Granite is the stealthiest color....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do whats best for you. Nothing and no one else matters.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1