I Got It and it's NICE !! (have questions).

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Feb 8, 2016.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The decision to give up my 1966 L72 Corvette in favor of a Hellcat Challenger granite crystal A8 with red seat belts started in Aug 2015. So after almost 7 months to secure an allocation at MSRP it finally arrived Friday and I can honestly say these cars are even more impressive in person then any picture or video you may see and the exhaust sound is incredible !

The dealer was kind enough to allow me wash the car using their facility. After a thorough wash and towel dry I carefully inspected every inch of the car inside out and it was flawless plus I was shocked at how nice the paint was (very shinny and void of typical factory orange peel), then I had the car transported to Unique Car Care in Stoneham Mass for final detailing, CQuarts Finest and Expel Ultimate protection.

Have a couple of questions and ask for your valued advise as well:

1. Only had a chance to drive the car from one end of the dealer to the other and noticed that the breaks were super sensitive ----------- is the typical of these cars?

2. I'm going to have the expel applied on the entire front nose, mirrors and a strip of about 10" high along the entire rocker panel and back of the rear tires to protect the lower section from stone chips. The detail owner said a lot of his customers (especially the Corvette guys) are covering the entire hood as well thus no seam. He thought because the Challenger hood doesn't slope down like the Corvette that I should be alright with just the nose up to the hood done. ----- do you think doing the entire hood which is expensive is an overkill ?

3. With the entire rocker protected 10" up do you think I still need mud guards?

Thank you !!

2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1. Only had a chance to drive the car from one end of the dealer to the other and noticed that the breaks were super sensitive ----------- is the typical of these cars? Yes. Brembos are awesome!

2. I'm going to have the expel applied on the entire front nose, mirrors and a strip of about 10" high along the entire rocker panel and back of the rear tires to protect the lower section from stone chips. The detail owner said a lot of his customers (especially the Corvette guys) are covering the entire hood as well thus no seam. He thought because the Challenger hood doesn't slope down like the Corvette that I should be alright with just the nose up to the hood done. ----- do you think doing the entire hood which is expensive is an overkill ?

How about just Front Fascia, Hood and Mirrors only.

3. With the entire rocker protected 10" up do you think I still need mud guards? Forget PPF on the rockers and have the OEM Mud Guards installed. You'll be glad you did.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. graybear

graybear Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree on the factory mud flaps. There is a break in procedure for the brakes that requires you to use them several times and heat them up for proper braking. Instructions are in the owners manual. I think you will over your car. I like the older classics also but as you know they take a lot of TLC. With this car you will just get to enjoy. I have also found the paint on my Hellcat to be very good. I have had several people comment on the paint and how nice it is.

4. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about just Front Fascia, Hood and Mirrors only.

I see what your saying: eliminate the 10" strip along the lower rocker and incorporate the mud guards instead thus eliminating a seam plus do the entire hood plus mirrors.

They may be a better plan -------- thank you!

5. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You'll save money and aesthetically it will look better! (Otherwise, you'll forever be getting questions about "those scratches on the lower part of each door".) It might also be a good time to consider a Matte Black (or Satin) wrap on your hood (if you like that look) instead of the clear film for about the same price!

6. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have seen half done hoods it looks terrible

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations on your cat! Post pictures when you get it back.

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz! Get the OEM Splash Guards ... you will not regret it. They are required if you do not want road debris chipping the paint.

April

9. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rollieman,Congrats on your car, I know you have been waiting along time for your car.You gave me the lead to the dealer in Portsmouth NH over the summer.As for your new car I would do the whole front in a clear bra.That is just IMHO.Good luck & enjoy

10. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with April. Oem work well, but probably still need clear for front end. I already have the mud flaps and MUST do the clear before summer