I Gotta Tell Ya

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by Hemi Rocket, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey I just want to let all you Charger guys know... the Hellcat Charger is awesome... I love the looks of the car front to back but the front end especially. The headlights/grill look just like the hellcat eyes... very sinister looking and has don't mess with me look! While I'm a Challenger Muscle car guy if the Challenger didn't exist... I would have bought this car without blinking. ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree, I may still pick one up:):):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My HC Charger almost caused an accident this morning. I was stopped at a light in the through lane. A guy in a Ford pickup came up in the right turn lane and
    there was a car ahead of him there. He was almost hanging out of his window looking at my cat and continued to roll forward. He came within about 6" of the car ahead of him before he looked forward and hit the brakes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Code3100

Code3100 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I love my Charger. the looks I get from some people that actually knows what it is, is an awesome feeling.

And I had this one dude hanging out of his window looking at it, I revved it for him and he freaked out. It was great.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah... You can tell the people who know what these cars are... and considering they are still pretty rare... they draw attention!
    As Jimmy Hendrix said "the wild Cat did Growl"! Have fun great car!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Happened again today. I was at a stop light and a guy was walking across a parking lot to my left. He dragged out his phone to take a picture of my cat and was
    still walking. He tripped in a pothole, landed on his face and his phone went flying.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. AlbertaBlackTop

AlbertaBlackTop Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg I wanted a challenger pretty bad and thought I was settling for a charger. I was very very wrong. This thing is awesome. I love the looks, the space, how it handles, the fact that it fits in my garage better than my old challenger did, the whole 4 door shouldn't be that fast thing. Oh and did I say how it looks? I love every pic I have of this car and they are all crap compared to seeing it in person.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had mine at a show next to a Challenger and they're both beasts. When I first got mine, I remember hearing people say "I didn't know they made a Charger Hellcat." I think the Charger is a bit more of a wolf in sheep's clothing though because it looks more like a grocery getter or squad car. A 700+HP stock 4-door slammer is just ridiculous. Took the family on a road trip, two car seats in the back and over 22MPG. That's even more ridiculous...but how fantastic is it that you can buy either one of these. The Challenger is quicker...but the Charger is faster. Granted, I will never hit the 200 MPH mark, but I can dream.

9. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Today I got a thumbs up from a local cop running radar in his cop Charger.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ManicMechanicMD

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I put my car in a small show at the fall festival of my small town. We just got some new Charger cop cars there too. One of them came up to me, covered up his mic and asked "Off the record...how fast have you had it?" I said 145, but that was in Mexico. ;) He's a car guy too. Never a bad idea to befriend the local PD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful Hellcat! You didn't settle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup... you own the fastest 4 door car in the world! ;)

13. Whalecat

Whalecat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's amazing how many females have to walk around it a couple of times while parked.

You can definitely identify car enthusiasts when you are out and about.

14. ManicMechanicMD

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    When I picked mine up in Oklahoma City, I wasn't but a few miles from the dealer scoping out a place to get dinner. There were a couple of girls in a souped up Mitsubishi Eclipse, they were probably 18, and the driver looked over, smiled and gave me a thumbs up. You just never know who are truly into cars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I feel blessed to have both. Got rid of my 2014 summit white Camaro ZL1 to make way for the 2015 Challenger Hellcat in Torred Red. I was so consumed by the entire dodge/hellcat awesomeness and experience, that I ended up selling my 2014 triple black Shelby gt500 AKA COBRA (my holy grail up until that point..lol) and got the 2015 Charger Hellcat in Phantom Black fully loaded with the sunroof/monkey brass/nav Etc. Therefore I'm all mopar now...haha..!!! No looking back...

Having played with both these beauties, I can tell you one thing: I always tend to lean towards the charger by default and invariably end up getting more looks and positive responses/attention as opposed to the challenger. The Charger HC is just so mythical, almost like a folk legend, so elusive and induces a myriad of emotions from the beholder. You seldom see it on the roads and I love how it is just such a very versatile vehicle, ready for any situation, a workhorse, relentless. All this while offering no excuses or making any unnecessary fuss.

I ran into a young couple (in their early twenties I suspect) on our legendary LA 405 freeway during rush hour. The guy, who was the co passenger was filming my car with total focus/concentration and the beautiul female driver, politely sought my permission to oblige her ogling boyfriend/husband to take some footage. That was my moment of truth..!!!

I love both, but have to reluctantly admit that I have a pre conceived bias towards the charger.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1