I HATE and I mean I HATE the speakers in this car.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by evperry, Jun 19, 2016.

1. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have a charger 392 2016.

I didnt get the HK upgrade, I have the regular alpine. I did this as the forum members seemed to be disappointed in the HK.

What a mistake.

The speakers in this car are awful. Keep in mind that Im not an audiophile by any means but I am coming out a a Jeep SRT 2014 with the upgraded sound system.

The HK has to sound better than this. The last car to have his poor of a factory setup was my 2003 E46 however all you had to do was add the JL Stealthbox and all was good.

In this case I have no desire to drop this at the audio shop for them to rip out the factory and do it again.

Does anyone with the standard setup have a quick addition or fix to get things sounding at least decent?

I dig the exhaust but I need decent sound. Its so bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 16Blackcat

16Blackcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Took my wife's 13 charger set down thay putt jl audio subbox one 12 in Amanda 300 watt JL Audio amp stock system with the amp in the sub sounds pretty good

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmm ... this makes me wonder if there is something wrong with your speakers, simply based on the Alpine system in my husband's new RAM, because his system sounds great. Perhaps you might get your car checked out at the dealership? I hate that you are not happy with it, and hope that you can find a solution.

April

• Like Like x 2
  4. JonWrong

JonWrong Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have the Alpine in my charger and am happy to have avoided HK problems. I would not say the system is bad or awful; it is pretty good. Not the best I have ever heard. I am a music audio fanatic too. Maybe there is something wrong. HK was not the solution, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. toplescuda

toplescuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My 14 ram sounded waaay better then our 15 cat. After the update the cat sounds better. But it's not better then my ram

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Did it interfere with trunk space?

Maybe I dont like it because the system in the Jeep was so good but this one sounds bad.

7. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have Alpine in my Charger. I am not disappointed whatsoever. Maybe you got a bad egg? Needs an update?

8. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was pleased with the HK system in my Challenger until recently when a computer flash was applied. Now, the volume of the subwoofer is way out of proportion to the rest of the system. In present configuration, I either have no bass at reasonable volume or "thunder" which rattles the deck lid, door panels and my teeth! I wish there were a way to allow the listener / consumer have better control of the balance between the subwoofer and the rest of the system. At least something that allows specific volume control of the subwoofer like I have on my home system would be a start because the dashboard controls just aren't cutting it! Does anyone know whether or not the last "fix" for the HK system can be "undone" like rolling back to an older driver on a computer system?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I won't have another sub in my car without gain control. It's real aggravating not being able to control the sub output. I don't know why this isn't included. It just makes sense!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The treble and bass adjustments are not enough for you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My 2008 Charger SRT with the Kicker sounds better then my Hellcat with the HK system. It just leaves you wanting more.

12. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Prob shouldve listened to a HK system first to get ur own perspective. Thats like not odering the pie because someone didnt like it. You may actually love the pie. No way would i ever not order an audio option because someone here who ive never met happens to be disappointed. Who knows what their tastes are? I'd go listen to it myself and then decide.
    The good news now is that for the same money that they whack you for the HK system you can now build a better system.

13. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just didn't want the potential issue with the HK.

The Alpine is weak compared to my Jeep. I was hoping there would be a nice quick fix to just boost it up a bit. Maybe something from Alpine. I'm not an huge audio guy I just want a decent sounding system.

14. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just out of curiosity for the people that are dissatisfied what volume level are you using and what input source? ...Both can greatly affect the audio quality.

15. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Okay I think you might have a point here. Sirius XM radio sounds fine butt when it originates from my phone then the sound quality dropped off tremendously.

• Like Like x 1