I just talked to SRT sales

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by melvin white, Oct 17, 2014.

1. melvin white

melvin white Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just called the SRT head of sale office. I was trying to track down my Hellcat and was told by a women there that I cant track the Hellcat with my VON number. first it needs to be converted to a VIN number and my Dodge dealer would be notified when this happens. She also said the cars would go out to buyers in the order in which Dodge received them. She also said any orders placed with options unavailable at this time will be moved to a later date of production. I was also told by her that the dealers sales record have nothing to do with the way Hellcats are shipped to the Dodge Dealers. It is first come first served. So nothing is new I am still in the dark and all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

2. melvin white

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone obtained their VIN number yet???????

3. melvin white

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess I asked to soon. after going thru the forum I see a few people have gotten a VIN

4. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered 9/9 at 10:04 AM. Still staring at a VON. Car is in BG status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like an realistic update but who knows they could just be guessing

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine is DONE and just waiting to be shipped! Quite a few builds are happening now. Hopefully they will be sent to their new homes soon!:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 10 Sec CAT

10 Sec CAT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car ordered opening day is now said to be complete awaiting shipping to main hub then to me at dealership weather its true or not is anyones guess at this point ??

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I sooooooo hope you are right!!!:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [Qknow theyTE="melvin white, post: 5422, member: 47"]I just called the SRT head of sale office. I was trying to track down my Hellcat and was told by a women there that I cant track the Hellcat with my VON number. first it needs to be converted to a VIN number and my Dodge dealer would be notified when this happens. She also said the cars would go out to buyers in the order in which Dodge received them. She also said any orders placed with options unavailable at this time will be moved to a later date of production. I was also told by her that the dealers sales record have nothing to do with the way Hellcats are shipped to the Dodge Dealers. It is first come first served. So nothing is new I am still in the dark and all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
    I know they are not building them in the order they were received. Tammie ordered hers on the 10th and it's already built. Several others and I ordered ours on the 9th and haven't even received a vin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know they are not building them in the order they were received. Tammie ordered hers on the 10th and it's already built. Several others and I ordered ours on the 9th and haven't even received a vin.[/QUOTE]
    We struggled as a group early on trying to figure out how builds were determined. We thought maybe by color or options. Still not sure we have an answer. My car was pretty much stock with just navi and 6 speed. Red and black seats, no upgrade. I don't know if that was part of the decision or not. My dealer is small so not a size issue. Wish I knew how it is determined. Sorry.o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe it is first come first serve unless there is an unavailable option/color so some will get their cars sooner due to the way they are built.
    I know I could have had mine sooner if I dropped the satin black hood option so there will be some people that jump ahead of me.

I also know lots of dealers ordered sunroofs the very first morning and they all got bumped out. Hundreds of cars got put ahead of them. Was told this by the SRT rep from the dealer. Seems it takes the system a few hours to process and since all orders started at once the crap really did hit the fan.