I left the following on FCA press release, a CANADIANS perspective

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sublime6spd, Mar 2, 2015.

1. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would like to ad my comments ,concerns and feelings to this discussion from a CANADIANS perspective.
    As you know order banks opened JULY 23 2014 in Canada. Being a lifetime customer and a huge promoter of the brand to friends and family , I knew all about this car and it's launch date here in Canada.
    So I started making enquiries about the car to various dealers in southern Ontario. Every dealer I spoke with said they could order a car with a minimum of 5k down to show FCA you are a serious buyer and secure a spot in line. EVERY DEALER !!!!
    So I had too choose a dealer and place my deposit.
    This was 8 months ago and you release rules for dealer allocation now?
    Even if these allocation system was in place at the time I ordered it was not public information. Why wouldn't you release you're allocation rules 6 month PRIOR to the launch of the car as opposed to coming out with it when folks are many many months into the order process?!? Give them a chance to do some research on the dealers???

So I realized this car was special from the beginning and I would probably have the most luck with a well established dealer who had already proven themselves with high volume viper and SRT sales.

I placed my order with a Large deposit on July 24 2014 from such a dealer that has been selling the brand for 75 of its 100yr history and has a stellar reputation in the local MOPAR world.
    My experience with them in the past 8 months has been fantastic and they have been as honest and forthright as one could expect.

Which gets me to some points I would like to address regarding the above press release.... This is NOT a dealer issue. All FCA has to do is close the order system. The dealers aren't the ones issuing these Von's FCA is!!

You have stated over and over that this car is not LTD production but it most certainly is ltd AVALIABLITY here in Canada. 8 months after placing my order your have "alloted" 148 cars to the entire country so far..... I'm sure you have triple that many orders in ontario alone!!
    My dealer has been "alloted" 1 car out of those 148 in the country. Production figure from alpar.
    Now you release this allocation press release and I have to sit here with doubts of seeing a car in 2015 or ever based on these guidelines??!! I'm 8 months into my order and was expecting spring delivery when I ordered.
    It's my understanding that production has been extended for the model year but under the current guidelines any dealer can expect a maximum of 7 more cars this year? Assuming the planets align and they meet your criteria to be worthy of ordering?? And each car isn't delayed at all anywhere along the line during the process!?
    How does a customer find out the dealers prior 90 days sales?? How does the customer find out where FCA ranks each dealer based on those sales?? How does a customer know how many previous hellcat orders have been allocated? Pending orders??What status?? Etc etc etc...

It's not april first right??

Please for the love of the brand, CLOSE THE ORDER BANKS!
    Contact ALL VON Orders currently in the system and weed out the duplicates and Ghoste orders.
    Build all confirmed sold orders and don't re open banks until backlog has been delivered.

As a CANADIAN it's becoming increasingly difficult to support the brand who is completely ignoring my business. I know we are a small insignificant part of this but our business should be valued as well.
    Canada 148 cars built so far, 7 cars built per wk, 7 months left of production..... It doesn't take a rocket scientist too see many orders will go unfiled!

I placed my order sight unseen, CANADIANS where not treated to event after event showcasing the car and most hadn't seen one in person until the recent auto show.

The worst part from my perspective is the lack of info from FCA. I EXPECTED a phone call or email at very least to congratulate me on my purchase and taking a spot in line. Instead I get too read all the rumours and miss information AVALIABLE these days and have too worry wether or not I even have a valid order somewhere in the system??

I understand parts shortages etc but watching hundreds of cars for sale daily at huge market ups while confirmed sold orders go unbuilt and unverified.
    This experience has been very disheartening and it has nothing to do with my dealer. They don't control how many of these cars you sell here, they don't control anything and are simply YOURE representative.

Imagine if you had Americans waiting since July for answers

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinions and concerns, hope this doesn't fall of deaf ears.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think you are preaching to the choir, The guy I bought mine from has a Sublime 6 spd coming in, in Montreal, why not talk to him?

3. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I hadn't traded my ride back in August I would have already bought elsewhere.
    My dealer has been very stand up throughout this .
    I just wanted too voice a Canadians opinion in there as no one seems to have spoken for us.... I will wait it out where I'm at, that way when I need service its 20mins away with a dealer I Trust.
    Truly appreciate the lead and suggestion thou. Btw first Armdrop drag race is May 23rd.... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    oh, yes forgot about the trade, we've had this discussion.....sorry

• Like Like x 1
  5. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would like to urge my fellow CANADIANS to post up their experiences throughout this process. Post on the FCA press release comments section as CANADIAN threads die quickly here and we need our options heard as well.
    Seriously this is one of your only chances to voice your concerns from OUR point of view! Please be respectful so you're posts aren't ignored.
    Here's hoping things finally change for the better

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I sincerely hope they fix this for Canada and other issues ongoing for USA as well. I'm sorry you're going through this :(

7. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The press release was from FCA LLC US not FCA Canada. Pretty sure the same rules do not apply up here, prior sales are a factor but that's about it. If the dealership has any good rapport with the FCA sales rep they should know where they stand in regards to getting a HC. Don't understand why or how a dealer takes a trade on a car they don't know if they can get unless it was used for the down payment. My dealer indicated they would get a car with a legitimate order. I ordered my car and 4 days later it was looked at by the FCA sales rep and approved, it was then my dealer said you will get a car for sure. 3 weeks later a VIN scheduled for build tomorrow. I hope you get some movement on yours soon! I feel for you!

8. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Who knows what rules apply up here that's my point. The lack of info for everyone and miss information is just wrong.
    My cat is coming and I trust my dealer but when ? Will it be a 2015 or a 2016 ? Will sublime still be offered in 2016? Will pricing be locked in or will it be adjusted accordingly?? When they can't fill all CANADIAN orders to they automatically become 2016 orders or do you have to re order?? Far too many questions, I would like some answers.
    It never hurts to try, yes that's a USA post but so Is this forum! How else will my concerns be heard?
    We don't get many means of contact with those in the know.....
    And my dealer has received 1 car out of the 148 for Canada so far halfway thru the production run. At the rate these cars are being delivered to Canada we must be close to selling out ALL 3yrs planned production.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

My trade was my deposit and the dealer would NOT accept it until Chrylser approved my order as well! So a week later they called and said your order has been approved bring in your trade. This is the start of my 8 month since with a VON . You could be in my shoes too, there is no rhyme or reason to this madness. Lucky of the lotto here in Canada or at least that's the rumour! Who knows what's really going on

10. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My post still hasn't shown up maybe CANADIANS can't leave anything on there idk.
    Wouldn't surprise me at this point.... :(

11. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you were smacked with the ban hammer, they don't like us

12. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I understand your frustrations for sure! Hope you get some good news soon!

13. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My post is up now on the FCA press release comment section. Thanks to dodge for accepting my opinions as well.
    While it may not change much , I appreciate the opportunity

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rock Petrick

Rock Petrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thankyou for taking the time to put our case forward!
    I Love the Brand!
    But this situation really gets a guy worked up.
    I admire your restraint.

15. Steve HR Hooligan

Steve HR Hooligan Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    i hear ya brother, but my dealer told me not to bring in my trade, thanks Durham Dodge, they have been honest with me from the start and said it will be a long wait and it is a lottery after all dealers get their first allocation, it has been 8 months for me as well, at this point i am just holding out to see what happens and not holding my breath any longer. it will be very anti-climatic when and if it comes in.