I Refused My Cat After Service/Warranty Work

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had my bumper warranty approved to be replaced for two gaps in the body line between the grill and bumper. After them having the bumper for a week they decided the new bumper also had the same issue and didn't paint it. In that case they said they could re-hotglue the bumper to the grill and attempt that They said it'd be done friday since it's a simple job. Tuesday finally rolls by after no contact and they said it's ready for pick-up. (8 days after drop off just for them to twiddle their thumbs not painting but to just hot glue a clip into place)

It looked alright from my car, till i walked up to it. You could see the rag marks from them wipping it down with a wet rag and letting it dry all over the car. I then noticed the original gaps were a bit smaller, but you saw the discrepancy in the paint as the paint didn't line up with the grill were the gaps are so it looks like a shit paint-job or the paint rubbed off the bumper because of the fascia and bumper rubbing together while driving. I went inside and he said that's the best they could do and to take it up with Jeff from SRT.

He handed me the keys and when i went outside then i noticed even more issues,

The front bumper had small deep cuts/scratches down to the plastic at the top edges of the bumper in the middle. Once I saw this i knew i had to pop the hood.

The radiator support had bubbles of paint which were completely solid pre-drop off, for some reason the body shop chipped all of them off i assume by accident removing the bumper. Because of this the bubbles were removed and lifted paint was now all over the radiator support that would only make more chipping across it over time. The plastic panels weren't in correctly and were all lifted and distorted.

I called the service adviser out and said I'm not taking this home with the front bumper scratches and the chipped up radiator support. What the hell is with this shitty wash job also? He then went into the dealer for 10 minutes while i continued to look for defects and noticed scratches all over the clear-coat of the bumper when i put my phone's light on it.

He came back out and brought it back in and said we will send the car back to the body shop and you will discuss and pick it up with them this time. I refused and said I'm only picking up the car from the dealer, you chose the shop to do this work not me and I need a paper trail of this issue now.

I'll be calling Jeff in the morning as it was 6PM EST at the time of pickup, Jeff was suppose to call monday on an update but i assume he was loaded with other cases.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gixer Jay

Gixer Jay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, hope it works out..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wow sorry to hear

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was it built on a Friday???? Sounds like a lot Bull $hit they are heaping on you. Good luck :(:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Supercharged_Fun

Supercharged_Fun Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That wicked sucks. I don't blame you one bit for being pissed off. Some of these shops have no quality control mode at all. I think that is very wrong. Maybe for most people it wouldn't bother them as much, but us "car guys/gals" are a different breed. We love our babies.
    Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    careful what you ask for...

7. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He wants me to deal with it as a third party issue, If i handle this with the body shop it no longer is a Chrysler warranty issue but a issue between me an a shop. If i drove off the lot with that car I was accepting how it was and the dealer is out of the question.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very disappointing, I sure hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

9. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

not true--the responsibility stays with the Warranty and the dealer regardless--all you are doing is adding an additional driver of your Hell Cat from the dealer to the body shop. But to each his own. Best of luck regardless.

10. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please share pics

11. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was not able to take pics as my phone died during the events unfolding. I will try to visit the car in the morning to take pics as I need to send them to Jeff.

12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cube, we got our HC's about the same time....mid June. Mine has a very minor issue very similar to yours. I did get my dealer to take pix and I opened a claim with SRT. I actually didn't notice it....my wife did:oops:.I am not going to do anything at this time, but will if it gets worse. My gap is on the driver side right under the headlights. I'm afraid they will make it worse if they try to "fix" it. Let us know what develops as this could be an issue for others.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the same here Snappy, and I noticed it but like you decided to ignore it. Of course I thought mine came from having a whole new clip put on and really didn't want to lose the car for another couple weeks...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed...I did see pix of Cube's way back when when he first got his HC...if I remember correctly. His was more noticeable than mine. My build info is on my signature...mine was built on a Monday.:eek:

15. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine seems minor, just little dips on both sides and probably only noticeable to me.
    Never had anyone other than my wife point it out. She is a T A D anal about some things...

• Like Like x 1