I think I'm done.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Galt, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge is being held hostage by its dealers, they have the organizational skills of a college kid with ADD and the business acumen of the mob. I don't know when I can order a car, where I can order a car, IF I can even order a car, the dealers don't know anything concrete, the ones that do are screwing people (that's what the S stands for in MSRP) and being jerks about to boot. NO ONE is following the rules. If I were to pay a premium buying one of the lot rat fishing lures, they've all had miles on 'em being abused by the detailer, service manager, sales manager and anyone else with access to the keys. This entire process is the definition of anarchy.

I've been at this for 4 months and I'm no further along that I was when I started. My crime was waiting for the Charger. Being no difference between the 2 models in allocation and ordering - by the time I could order one Dodge was already backed up 2 years on Challengers. I'm sick of being lied to, I'm sick of nobody knowing anything, I'm sick of every a hole asking for $1-2k to reserve a place in line that THEY don't even know where they stand in. I'm sick of Dodge making cars for scumbag self-imposed middlemen that only want to play keep away and leaving actual honest paying customers in the lurch. I'm tired of the rules changing. I'm sick of profiteers.

Hopefully one day Elon Musk will one day end this welfare-sewer distribution system. It's broken and pointless. Car dealerships are no longer a help, they're a crippling hindrance. They merely stand in the way with their hands out, they drive your car before you do, they talk to you like you're an idiot and they generally bring nothing to the table. It's like that King at the beginning of Braveheart who slept with everyone's wife on their wedding night - that's what dealerships kinda are. Their sole purpose is to screw somebody against their will.

I don't dislike Doge's product but I DO dislike Dodge as a company. It's run like a monkey football team and every time they go bankrupt or get sold they learn nothing.

I think I'm out. I just wanna buy a car, not take a second job calling Dodge dealers. Do you sell cars or not? Take my money or don't. Nothing is worth this much frustration.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Don't blame you and well said. Hopefully someone at Dodge reads this

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You wanna start fixing this problem? Go on eBay and find every dealer with a Hellcat for sale at a ludicrous mark up and end their allocations FOREVER. They're the primary problem. Then give their allocations to the little country dealers who are well reviewed and who follow the rules. That's how loyalty to a brand is born.

Then have an organized line. Even the DMV can manage that. Why can't you?

Oh, and if a car has more than 3 miles on it, it's used. Let's make that a rule.

Most companies when they have a supply problem, they find another supplier. How about a second plant building engines? Or a third? You could build HC motors 24-7, 365 and never have enough. If overflow becomes a problem start stuffing them in Jeeps and 300's. Guys will want them for project cars. 3/4 of all Hellcats are probably going to end up like Vipers - wrecked. At the current rate of production the shortage of Hellcats seems to have no end.

This order problem could be solved like Kawasaki did the H2 and H2R - bikes were only built to order and required a 10%, non-refundable deposit. You were either buying one or you weren't. They also did not allow dealers to floor plan them to prohibit fake profiteer fishing lure orders.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks.

5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand your frustration. Good Luck to you, and Take Care.

April

6. Hellcat Jack

Hellcat Jack Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe not what you want but I just posted 2 available at MSRP . Look in " Leads on Hellcats "

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If my dealer doesn't come through with an allocation in April, I'm seriously thinking about just cancelling the order and getting a 392. Challenger.

No car is worth 9 months of agita and enough is enough.

9. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck and I hope you find something else that can give you the same thrill.

Recent news has reported that the new 730 Hp 2015 Saleen Mustangs are going for 73k.
    I'm not a Ford guy... but that would be a nice 2nd Choice, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't blame you. New CTS-V is nice (more money but at least you will be able to buy one -- probably discounted too).

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are cars to be had, you just have to act fast,,a few days ago there was a black charger hellcat in Toledo Ohio for msrp, at Yark automotive,, and today there was one posted in Canada at msrp,, problem with that one is getting it across the border,,, just have patience and one will show up,, same way with the challenger,, they pop up every now and then,, but again, you have to move fast, as soon as it is posted,, call the dealer and put a deposit on it..huggytree came to Michigan to get his, Barry did the same thing,, Rob went to Texas to get his, and drove it back to PA, 2300 miles( then got pulled over)..if your looking for a srt challenger, there are two down the street from me,, a white one, and a sublime

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't blame you at all. It really sucks that Dodge is treating us consumers like this. All we want to do is to give them money for a product.

13. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's great but why in Sam hell does ANYONE have 2 unsold Hellcats?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Way to completely miss the point while adding nothing to the conversation. Maybe you could tell us about the kids starving in China too Debbie Downer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Hellcat Jack

Hellcat Jack Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat