I thought allocations were dead

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Noquarter, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i keep hearing people talk about allocations.

I was under the assumption fca made changes that

A. Allocations are on hold. Only sold orders are being built
    B. You cant even order a hellcat now. They shut down the order bank. Which should have happened awhile ago. There is no way they fulfill all 9k orders by sept.

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Allocations aren't on hold, yes they are just going to build sold orders but the dealer still needs an allocation to fill that sold order

• Like Like x 1
  3. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That pretty much sums it up..............well said........

4. Greg C

Greg C Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Brought this up elsewhere but the elephant in the room seems to be that with the new system no dealer will get more than 3 more allocations for 2015. SO how does this address dealers with a lot of sold orders?

5. LForst

LForst Driver of Badassery

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Someone needs to define what a sold or is, open VON's for non allocated dealers or allocated dealers, sounds like they just re worded the same crap.......

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I was thinking the same thing, TopCat

April

8. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree, at some point there has to be some clarity here.

9. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think a sold order is any order with a VON to a real person (not a dealer). Has nothing to do with the dealer having and allocation or not. So they'll take all those sold orders, lets say its 4000 remaining (making up a number here). Look at the allocations they will give out in the month, lets say 500, so 500 out of those 4000 will get picked for a VIN based on the criteria set out (no unsold hellcats, etc etc)

10. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your assessment totally makes logical sense, which means Chrysler will do the exact opposite. But I hope you're right.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Definitions:
    Sold Order: When ordering the car the dealer has put this vehicle in as a Sold unit. For this to be put in as a sold unit it will show on the order/your POC; Sales Code 4EA-Sold Vehicle. In the bottom left it will have Order Type-Retail, Scheduling Priority-1-Sold Order, Customer Name-filled in with buyer's, Customer Address-filled in with buyer's. This shows Corporate that this is a specific order placed by a customer waiting for it to be built so they can take it home immediately. Caveat: dealers can easily make this stuff up to get the car, however, I believe when the car is sold and comes off their floor plan and they send the info to Chrysler, Chrysler can check the buyers info versus the ordering parties info. I know for the 2012 Jeep SRT the dealer had to close out the order within X days and prove the real buyer bought it in order to get the original pricing (they raised price before vehicles even showed!)

Allocation: Very simply put, all allocation means is that Chrysler has told you that you get to have a car(s) built for your dealership to sell (if you have 4 allocations, it means you get to have 4 built, etc.) Most of the time dealers can choose which orders they want to go toward that open slot(s) by how they rank them in their system, but I'm sure Chrysler can forgo this and choose on their own. Example: You look at February and your dealerconnect has 1 allocation for you. That means you get to choose 1 of your orders to be built. February is done, see you in March.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. Noquarter

Noquarter Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Makes little sense.

Can someone verify that the order system is down for the Hellcat? They cant be daft enough to keep taking orders for a car they will never be able to fill this order year.

As long as the order bank is closed and they are only building sold orders then what is the purpose of allotment. Stop worrying about hurting the "feelings" of dealers and build them in order, as parts allow. Some dealers have 100+ orders in....

13. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tannehill - Do you or ANYONE ELSE happen to know what the difference is between a Scheduling Priority-1-Sold Order and a Scheduling Priority-99-Sold Order with all other information described above as being identical to PRI-01 or PRI-99?

14. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it's not closed. people are ordering Hellcats daily (even if the dealer doesn't have allocation to assign). See the Hellcat VON thread, the number increases daily. Dealers can take orders all day long and enter them into the system doesn't count for anything until an allocation is assigned to it.

15. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I could be wrong, but from reading threads around the internet, 01 is considered more important/priority over 99. Everything i saw said 'if you have 99, ask your dealer to change it to 01'.

I'm no expert on this though....