Idiot Driver Encounters

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The Max, Jan 20, 2016.

1. The Max

The Max Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I am sure everyone has had an Idiot Driver Encounter ( IDE ). Here is mine.

Driving home, from a rough day at work, about 5:30 pm, on a two lane double yellow lined road about 45 mph, the speed limit, aproximately 3 miles from my house.

A vehicle suddenly, from a side road goes thru a stop sign, directly in front of my 07 Charger SRT8 (Halffast) car. I late braked to get the drivers attention and got pretty close, except behind me. I hear somebody skidding and as I look in my rear view mirror a small pick up, behind me, who isn't paying attention, stops within 5 feet from slamming my rear bumper, Phew close call.

The vehicle in front, maintains 20 - 25 mph, so I start weaving to get their attention about my displeasure of them driving so slow. To no avail. We travel for a couple of minutes at this 20 mph speed, with about 15 cars all backed up, I hear a roar of a motor and look behind, the pick up goes for a down shift and passes me and the slow driver on the shoulder. I said what Cajones, if I did that I would certainly get a ticket. So, say to myself calm down you are almost home Relax.

We come up to my stoplight, I go to the left, slow driver to the right. I look over at the older women and she lowers her window, say to myself she must be lost, I'll help her with directions.

She says " Your a F***in A**hole "
    I say " WHAAAAAT?"
    She says " Who do you think you are passing me like that? "
    I say " That wasn't me , it was somebody else, Why are you driving so slow? "

She says it was for the School Children and at this point I lost my cool and may have started cursing, Light turns green, she yells something about knowing the captain of our police, I yell back I know him also. It took me about 30 minutes to calm down after this and not going to write what I wanted to do.

Anybody else have a story to pass the winter time? Cat is in hibernation with the salt on the road. I mean if it's not the Left Lane Richards, passing in the shoulder, Oscillators- they can't maintain speed, Texters, Phones, Inattentive drivers, Jersey Jerks

2. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was paying attention to my two daughters today while driving in the parking lot I swear I looked left and right before I made a turn. Almost turn right into a silver car. It would've totally been my Fault.

3. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Left lane bandits do it to me. Sit out there in the left lane 5mph under the speed limit like the lane has their name on it. I just want to lay a bumper on them and move them out of the way.

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Life is too short to let idiots on the road mess with your day. I have a friend who is 46 and you'd swear he is 16 from how worked up he gets over every poor encounter with other drivers. Really, I just go with the flow. Stand among a crowd on a busy street, sporting event, or mall. Take a real long look at the idiots around you and then picture them all in cars. Enough said.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Max

The Max Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I call these drivers Blockers. they have no common courtesy to simply move over because they are oblivious. The best was when I had my Durango, with the whole family and I went to pass a Van, except he floored it to play Chicken. Yes the Durango won!

6. LITSOUT

LITSOUT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Everyone should have a dashcam to protect themselves from the exponentially increasing number of morons driving in America... The epicenter of which, in my opinion, happens to be Virginia...

7. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My dash cam is still in my Cat in the garage. I keep forgetting to move it to my DD. Merging onto 495 in MD a guy brake checked me as soon as I merged in behind him. I was behind him for 2 seconds and checking my mirror to get into the left lane. Wasn't even that close to him. We exchanged fingers and muted curse words (windows closed, 20 degrees outside) and I drove on.

Drivers in the DMV are terrible. This is after one inch of snow a couple of hours ago:
    Screenshot_2016-01-20-20-57-19.png

8. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just breath!! Lol

9. Bananahead

Bananahead Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I get behind a slowpoke who is just being a jerk I like to drop down two gears (advantage of the M6) and roar by at about 3/4 throttle. Tons of noise, not really going all that fast, makes the point.