If you really want a Hellcat that bad....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Hellcat15, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You better watch this forum and follow up on any lead ASAP! Watch Dodge site and cars,com and wherever!
    I've seen a few members here lately lose out because they seemingly hesitated.
    You have to live sleep breathe on this site to get one and be prepared to drive,or fly anywhere to get it! Have your deposit or credit card all fired up nd ready to go, do not look around for financing or shipping if from out of state,worry about that later!
    There are leads posted here all the time, and it's sad to see guys who've been waiting so long for one not get it.
    Sometimes I think they are not really commited, but I'm sure thay are, right?
    Just do it already!!
    Huggytree is right (for the most part anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  2. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Amen to that !
    I was a Von to Voucher and reordered. Then the computer purge, and no order at all.

Watching this site saved me. If not for Hellyeah1 posting a lead.
    Called the dealer on Sunday, left a voice message and he called back Monday morning. Within minutes I had a deal.
    Went to the bank got checks issued and traveled to Toledo Ohio. 1,000 mile round trip on 4 hours sleep.
    This meant that much to me.
    Paid 2 over MSRP but no longer in Hell. Just in my Hellcat. Drives like a dream. Please don't give up. Search the damn internet and you can find one.
    707 Horsepower driven 531 miles across Ohio on Interstate 80 into PA gassed up once and noticed I was getting over 20MPG in this thing
    Once home, I looked again and AMAZING I got 23.7 mpg on a maiden trip. I left some CAT DNA a few times (unintentionally)
    you have to control your foot, and it behaves well, if not she will hisssssssssssss at you. HAHAHAHAHAA
    Changed my AV to my new 2015 B5 Blue Charger.

Very happy owner
    Matt Guesto

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. soundman5000

soundman5000 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yea, I don't get it. My usual Dodge dealer told me " I would not get one" so I did not give it much thought for about 8 months as I took him for his word. That nice Autoweek magazine issue dedicated to Dodge came out last year and was all about the Hellcat.
    Autoweek | December 15, 2014 Back Issue for $1.3 | Digital Magazines
    ( If you now own a Hellcat YOU MUST get a copy of that autoweek to keep with your car IMO).
    That was it... I decided I just had to have a Hellcat and did not like my dealer simply telling me I would never be able to get one. Why am I not special I thought?

I then searched the Dodge site and the 3rd dealer I called I found one being built, I made the deal on the phone and offered my credit card deposit to hold it. No hesitation or I needed to think about on my part. I asked them to run my card (deposit) over the phone and email me my purchase order....Done!

So from the time I decided I was going to actually try and buy one it took me 3 phone calls, I guess about an hour or less of my time, a $500 credit card deposit over the phone & I had a cat coming. I then picked my new Hellcat up in just under 3 weeks and I only had to drive 100 miles to get it and NO I did not pay $1K to $15K over MSRP.
    This was one of the easer car purchases I have ever done.
    If people want these cars you can get one but you got to get on the phone and make it happen!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My original order was put in back in 9/11/14 . Then in December when the cars were popping up I started to call and call and call . Found one 100 miles away for 4k over so I jumped on it . Best dam thing I did . The car that I ordered is scheduled to be delivered this upcoming week yes a year later.

• Like Like x 1