Impressed a local mod guy...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by WindowShaker, Jan 2, 2016.

1. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just about 2 miles from my house, there's a guy who runs a small mod business at his house. He mostly does turbo's and NOS on imports. I've driven by it hundreds of times but never stopped. Today I saw he had his garage door open so I swung by. He LOVED the Hellcat. We talked for a while and he said he's had people come in and say "I need something that will hang with the Hellcats!" but he'd never been in one so he didn't know what he was up against. He said his car topped out at about 151mph. When I told him I'd had mine to 182 and had plenty left and that the top speed is advertised at 199, he was ecstatic! I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he said "Hell yeah!" We went up the road a ways to a clear spot I use from time to time to open up my Cat (turns out he uses the same spot), turned around and I punched it. I took him up to 155 in no time. He was clearly impressed. When we got back to his house, his friend asked how it was. He said, "It's not often a car FEELS fast to me, but this car damn sure did!"

On another note, he's a full service shop and I've been leaning towards getting some cut-outs and he does exhaust work so I may have him do it. He also said any parts I find online, he will get them a lot cheaper than they advertise and if I have him do the work, he'll give them to me for his cost and only charge labor. So of course, I asked his labor rate. "Cheap. I don't do by the hour. I charge by the job."

Looks like I made a new friend and who knows, I may start thinking about a tune and pulley sometime in the near future. :D:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool man. I have given a few people a ride in my Hellcat and they can't believe the power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There always room for a hellcat to go faster, lol.. .I need a pulley and tune, and a gear swap

• Like Like x 1