Impressive Dealer ?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Sep 21, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Received a call from one of the many Dodge dealers I've inquired and was amazed at his knowledge ???

Said allocations are not transmission specific for 2016 ----- WRONG !

Said we only charge 10K over MSRP which is less than any dealer in the country ------ WRONG !

Said there are no changes for 2016 ----- WRONG !

Said he would put me on a list with only 2 people ahead of me for a deposit of 10K ------ such a deal !!

Also said his dealership expects to receive at least 12 allocations for the year; but haven't been notified
    as of yet ------- not sure about this one; but, I thought the dealers have been notified by now
    on how many allocations to expect for the year?

Needles to say; he didn't make my short list !! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jontall

Jontall Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get a new dealer...

3. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like he just wants your deposit to invest and make a little interest on it while you wait until September next year to try and get your 10K back....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    where are you located? if you are in California i would reach out to Lithia in Santa Rosa. that's where i bought my cat for msrp last december. they seem to get an allotment every month or two.

5. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm from Massachusetts ----- not sure if this is the case with ALL dealers; but, was told by a dealer in the mid west that if I purchase a car from them, it could only be delivered to their dealership and that I would have to take possession of the car in person, another words they could NOT have the car drop shipped to a dealer near me. Flying is a problem for me, so I'm keeping my search limited to reasonable driving distances. ------------- So far I have 2 "pre-deposits" with dealers that have allocations committed to them that are at MSRP and basically trying to remain optimistic. Hope these deposits are refundable? Thank you !

6. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NP - good luck!

7. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is BS. I bought my car from a dealer in MI. I had it transported down to Florida after the transaction. I did all paperwork via FedEx, and had a local forum member (Thanks hellcat1) give it a good look over before the enclosed transport picked it up. The only thing that some dealers are uncomfortable with are having the car drop shipped...and that's only because they lose the PDI funding that they receive from Chrysler that adds to their profit. I'd call BS, tell them you will coordinate shipping. If they won't do it, find another dealer.

EDIT- after re-reading, it may be hard to get vehicle drop shipped based on PDI comment. But you can have it shipped at your own expense. It's worth it at MSRP.

Oh, and put the other dealer on the Black List that fed you all that wrong info.

8. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately for every good dealer there's 5 of those idiots. They all think we have STUPID written on our foreheads.